News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith OHalloran

Tamarack Country CLub
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:50:24 PM »
I played Tamarack Country Club yesterday in Greenwich Connecticut. The course was designed by Charles Banks, and recently was "restored" by Brian Silva. I was particularly interested because I play at Southampton Golf CLub, which was designed by Raynor and has plans to do bunker work at the direction of Brian Silva in September.  The course was very good and got me even more excited for the work we are doing. The course was in great shape, with some really good holes. They have a lot of huge flat bottomed bunkers and large greens with sweeping movement.  I took some photos of the greens and bunkers, but would like some pointers on posting them. I tried and was not successful.
Is anyone familiar with the course before the restoration? How much work was done on the greens as opposed to the bunkers?

Mike Sweeney

Re: Tamarack Country CLub
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »
Keith

Here is a pretty good old thread on "The Rack".

See my email for more information on the restoration.

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,35379.0/

Keith OHalloran

Re: Tamarack Country CLub
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:51:19 PM »
Thanks Mike, I went back and read that earlier thread and two of the complaints were the trees and the lush rough keeping balls out of the traps. While the course is not bare of trees now, they certainly have a lot less than when the pictures were taken on that thread. I heard they took over 500 out this winter alone and the course looks better for it.  As for the rough keeping balls out of the bunkers, that still happens, however it does not leave an easy shot, so maybe they do that on purpose.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back