News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Re: Roger Rulewich Wraps It Up
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2019, 07:42:43 PM »
The fact is that Yale took the advice, listened and today has an incredible superintendent that does the most with what he is given.  This because of Geoff Childs, who suffered far bigger slings and arrows while Mike Sweeney ran away!

Tommy,

In 2003, we played one round of golf at Yale Golf Course. At that time, I had a son diagnosed with PDD (Pervasive Developmental Delays). That was a a nice way of saying AUTISM, but nobody used that word back then because it was too early.

In 2003, friends of mine at Yale Golf Course were introducing me to what is now the Chawarska Lab at the Autism Center of Excellence at Yale University - https://medicine.yale.edu/lab/chawarska/autismcenter/ I did not understand Autism, Geoffrey did not understand Autism, and nobody understood Autism in 2003. So no, I made a very conscious choice to NOT alienate Yale University, as I have the hope/belief that there could actually be a cure for my Autistic son at Yale University Medical School.

I can't post a snarky comment about you not understanding this, because NOBODY understood this. Today, I am very comfortable is saying that NOBODY understands Autism in 2019, but that is with the benefit of 16 years of experience. Thus, I focus on the Integration of our Autism population, and my low verbal behaviorally challenged son is a Pioneer for our Autism population, as he works with the Elderly:

Now, the really complicated piece is that I have another son that protects your right to free speech. He was in the direct area of last week's terrorist attack in Pensacola and he is burying a United States Naval Academy classmate next week. Keep posting if you want, my family also supports your right to free speech:

Final piece of the puzzle, Geoffrey Childs was VERY VERY helpful to me last summer when I was trying to contact his former colleague who is now the head of my son's $10 billion New York State agency. Maybe YOU need to check in with Geoffrey. My appreciation towards Geoffrey continues in areas that really matter in life.

GCA is supposed to be fun, and that is why I have contributed for 17 straight years to GCA.com - http://golfclubatlas.com/contributions/

#AeternusUmbra
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Tommy Naccarato

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2019, 09:51:57 PM »
Mike,

I know you have a son that has Autism.  You’ve never failed to mention it on this Golf Architecture site for many years.  Completely understandable! You first started your Creek outing shortly after my 2003 visit.  I know because back when you and I were friends, I wanted very much to attend. To help support your cause.  But then......

FWIW, I’ve taught kids how to golf with the same affliction at the former Get-A-Grip foundation, so trying to make me seem like a villain and I don’t care, that would be a very wrong dynamic for you. But I don’t put it past you.

But this isn’t about kids with autism.

It’s about Roger Rulewich’s work at Yale which you now are seemingly very supportive of when at the time, you were appalled at the conditioning and changes he was implementing; you even used to make comment here about it as I remember it well!   

So Mike, let’s try to stay on the subject!  Keywords: #Golf Architecture #Yale #Roger Rulewich

JC Jones

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »
JC,  Tommy may be a little over the top but during the Yale renovation efforts, Rulewich was a significant impediment.  Geoff and George Bahto took the lead in pushing for the changes which helped bring the course back to glory.  Mike knows first hand the abuse they took as I remember a day at Yale with Geoff and Mike when one of the naysayers, who had not met Geoff, confronted him and an interesting "discussion" ensued.  Geoff and I had an interesting conversation afterwards which I suspect he still remembers.  By reminding everyone of Geoff's role he reminds those of us who remember those days how much his contributions are missed.

That all may be but to attack the character of Mike Sweeney by calling him two faced and what he said BS is out of control.  We are talking about the renovation of a golf course; but I guess if this is all one has.....

Pot meet Kettle! Coming from the guy who argues just to be arguing!

Jason this is subject matter is way above you and your anger and outrage.  This stuff goes back way before you were on given a login for GCA.  The fact is that Yale took the advice, listened and today has an incredible superintendent that does the most with what he is given.  This because of Geoff Childs, who suffered far bigger slings and arrows while Mike Sweeney ran away!

I’ll post more images later.

Tim, Yes! Let’s talk soon!

I am neither angry nor outraged by your posts.  I’m saddened to see them.  Get well, old friend.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2019, 06:55:58 AM »

I am neither angry nor outraged by your posts.  I’m saddened to see them.  Get well, old friend.

First post I agree with JC Jones in the history of JC Jones. Someone posted a nice article about a nice man who has finished his career, and seems to finishing out his life in a quiet corner of Vermont. I have no interest in discussing 16 year old conversations about golf. I really have other priorities.

#AeternusUmbra
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:31:59 AM by Mike Sweeney »
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Tommy Naccarato

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2019, 08:20:07 AM »
Mike, Yes, heaven forbid you stay on subject and talk golf course architecture on a Golf Course Architecture site! It’s out of your realm I guess, but that’s been your MO since day 1.  This is about a Rulewich’s work at Yale, which YOU added to the subject.

Jason,  I’m doing great! Hope you are too!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »
I do believe the Ghost of Christmas Past has someones panties in a bunch.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2019, 10:12:41 AM »
I like this quote from TGCP "These are the shadows of things that have been. That they are what they are, do not blame me!"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back