News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Criss Titschinger

Morgan, good looking out on the hotel. I would have never found that place. Believe me; I've been looking. It looks like a great combination of location and price.

Pat, you can open my spot for Saturday morning up if that's still an open. My flight's booked, so I'm definitely still in for the weekend Sat PM and Sun AM.

Frank and I are playing Giants Ridge Quarry that Friday at 2PM. Others are welcome to fill that foursome. As of now, I'm a onesome at the Wilderness at 7:30AM that day.

Frank M

I would really love to put my name down to attend, but this past year has taught me never to plan so far in advance (three cancelled trips one due to passing of immediate family member, two others due to illness) and I don't want to have my name down only to have to cancel last minute.

If there is any way to put me down as a cautious yes, I would love to.

Mark Smolens

Pat,

Having cleared a conflict, put me down as a yes if there are still openings. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this time. I'm on team Chicago...

Mark Smolens

Doug Siebert

Put me down for this - since there is no more 5th Major at Dismal River I guess this will be my GCA trip for the summer...
My hovercraft is full of eels.

PCCraig

The attendee list has been updated in the first post. We are now, once again, full at 50 with one person on the waitlist.

Hard to believe that this is less than six months away already!
H.P.S.

Doug Siebert

The attendee list has been updated in the first post. We are now, once again, full at 50 with one person on the waitlist.

Hard to believe that this is less than six months away already!

You have me listed as from Colorado, should be Iowa.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Jason Thompson

Please add my name to the waitlist.

Jason Thompson
East Liverpool, Ohio
Walking both days; hope to play on play on Friday somewhere as well.

Sounds like a great weekend!

JWinick

Wow, nice job Pat.   This is encouraging that you would get so much interest to travel to Duluth, which is not easy to get to!   
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:03:21 PM by JWinick »

Pete_Pittock

Are you going to add curling?

Rick Shefchik

Are you going to add curling?

I'd be happy to lead a side trip to the current Duluth Curling Club, a nice newer facility, and also stop by the site of the former Duluth Curling Club, where most of us of a certain age saw our first circus and our first indoor hockey game.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Frank M

Bit of good news bad news situation...just got word I’ll have a wedding to attend that weekend.

Bad news is I have to miss out on what will surely be an awesome weekend of golf with awesome people (please remove me from the waitlist).

Good news is a family member is getting married...I guess  ???   ;)

Maybe next year....I’ll attend the Mashie that is.

Best to all.

Tom Fagerli

What fun! If you catch good weather you are in for a treat. If the weather is bad you will wonder why anyone lives there!
Here is a former Duluthian’s number one suggestion- have a Sammy’s Pizza and keep your ball below the hole on every green! You will not believe some of the putts. Be sure to grab a copy of the NCC putting clock from the pro shop. You will be confounded. In Sept my partner and I both four putted 18 from inside 25 ft and we have played the course off and on for 40yrs!
I will be there in Sept again to torment myself. Enjoy! Oh, just wait til you putt from above the hole on 6 and from the left to the right on 11. You will be busy.  Very busy.

Cort Sylvester

I have to pull out. I’ll be at a conference in Spokane that weekend. (Maybe getting some golf in, if I’m lucky, but not likely anything half as good as Northland.). Hopefully someone else will enjoy taking my spot.

PCCraig

Thanks Frank & Cort for letting me know. I'm sorry that you won't be able to join us.

The attendee list has been updated on the first page. Hard to imagine this is less than 5 months away!
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Bumping this up as we are now less than four months away. Seems as if it will be longer given that we just received about 20" of snow in Saint Paul over the weekend.  :-X :'( Thankfully temperatures in the 60's are in the forecast for next week  8)

Please see the first page of this thread and let me know if you have any changes to your RSVP.

Pat
H.P.S.

Andy Ryall

I unfortunately will have to relinquish my spot due to a recently planned family trip to Indiana that weekend.   

Thanks for organzing, Pat.

Andy

PCCraig

For everyone attending the Mashie this year, I thought I would post the below podcast from The Fried Egg that was published yesterday which interviews Tyler Rae.

http://www.friedegg.co/podcasts/tyler-rae

Tyler has done a considerable amount of work at Northland and talks about the course on the podcast, which should wet a first time visitor's apatite. As I mention earlier in the thread, Tyler will be joining us at the Mashie on Saturday.
H.P.S.

Rick Shefchik

For everyone attending the Mashie this year, I thought I would post the below podcast from The Fried Egg that was published yesterday which interviews Tyler Rae.

http://www.friedegg.co/podcasts/tyler-rae

Tyler has done a considerable amount of work at Northland and talks about the course on the podcast, which should wet a first time visitor's apatite. As I mention earlier in the thread, Tyler will be joining us at the Mashie on Saturday.

Aside from the dozen or so times he used the word "literally" -- all unnecessarily -- it was a good interview. God, that's becoming a grating habit.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

PCCraig

We are less than three months away from the Mashie!

The participant list has been updated on the first post of this thread. Terrific to see that we are full at 50 people!

The season came to a slow start here in Minnesota, but everything is coming alive and made it through winter in good shape. We're looking forward to showing some of the best of Minnesota golf.

Please let me know if your plans have changed and you cannot make it.

H.P.S.

Mark Smolens

Pat, once again it appears that federal judges don't care one bit about my golf schedule. I am no longer available to play in the Mashie... I hate it when work interferes with golf.

PCCraig

Bummed you won't be able to make it, Mark.

I've updated the attendee list on the first page. We've lost a couple of participants (understandable as summer schedules fill up) to bring our total to 48 which is still great.

Hope everyone's made their hotel and flight reservations as we are less than 3 months from the Mashie!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:22:34 PM by PCCraig »
H.P.S.

Pete_Pittock

The Voyageur Lakewalk Inn is full so I had to make reservations elsewhere in Duluth
For Northland and the Mashie my golf will be Sat PM/Sun AM with cart each day.
Amenable to extending the experience to play some of the Brauer Trail after the main event. After that I will loop  down to play in IL, IA, SD since I haven't played in those states,

Terry Lavin

Waiting for shoulder MRI results.  Hope the knife ain’t needed and I can slither in. 
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

PCCraig

Waiting for shoulder MRI results.  Hope the knife ain’t needed and I can slither in.

Would love to have you join us up north Terry! Let me know if you receive a clean bill of health.
H.P.S.

Criss Titschinger

Had a flight change coming in, so I may be looking for a mid PM round in MSP that Thursday. Dinner at Lola still mandatory.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back