News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

Waiting for shoulder MRI results.  Hope the knife ain’t needed and I can slither in.

Would love to have you join us up north Terry! Let me know if you receive a clean bill of health.

Seconding that. Hope you are well enough to join as we play above the Edmund Fitzgerald.
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Pete_Pittock

Waiting for shoulder MRI results.  Hope the knife ain’t needed and I can slither in.
Would love to have you join us up north Terry! Let me know if you receive a clean bill of health.
Seconding that. Hope you are well enough to join as we play above the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Nope, the Edmund Fitzgerald is a few leagues west of Slt. St. Marie off of Whitefish Pt... But I hope the judge is well enuf to play.

Dan Moore

Regrettably I need to withdraw. Long tradition of an annual baseballpalooza featuring 4 games in three different parks landed on that weekend. 

Cheers!
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

PCCraig

Regrettably I need to withdraw. Long tradition of an annual baseballpalooza featuring 4 games in three different parks landed on that weekend. 

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up, Dan. Enjoy the baseball tour.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

As the event draws closer the schedule is becoming more defined.

Our tee times will begin at noon on Saturday, August 4th. Based on the size of our group, the tee times will likely go from noon-2pm. At this point the plan for Saturday will be golf, cocktails surrounding the 18th green, then dinner at approximately 7:30pm.

Tee times will start at 9:30am on Sunday morning.

Whenever it's convenient for the non-Minnesota folks (whom I can look up on GHIN), please send me a quick note via a private message with your handicap which helps in preparing the matches.

At this point, I think the event is shaping up to be Minnesota & Iowa vs. the World.

Just a little more than 2 months to go!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:35:55 PM by PCCraig »
H.P.S.

Pete_Pittock

Is anyone planning to golf at Wilderness/Fortune and Quarry @ GR following the Mashie?. That is my plan, but have not made reservations. If no interest I can adjust travel and play 36 on Friday with Criss.

Never mind. I have joined Criss' group  for Thursday
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 02:47:23 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Criss Titschinger

Is anyone planning to golf at Wilderness/Fortune and Quarry @ GR following the Mashie?. That is my plan, but have not made reservations. If no interest I can adjust travel and play 36 on Friday with Criss.

If you're in, Pete, that would complete a foursome for AM and PM.

For a reminder to the group, I have tee times for 7:30AM at Wilderness and 2PM at The Quarry on the Friday before the Mashie, August 3rd. I'm happy to organize another, adjacent time; or if you want to book something on your own around those times, feel free to do so.

I plan to book it to Duluth immediately after the PM round.

Pete_Pittock

Criss,
Would love to join you. The foursome is complete. I will book a room at Fortune Bay for Thursday nite.

V_Halyard

Nope, the Edmund Fitzgerald is a few leagues west of Slt. St. Marie off of Whitefish Pt... But I hope the judge is well enuf to play.
Ha. Sorry that was the only Minnesota joke I had save for some lame Paul Bunyon reference. I can redirect the reference to a contest above “gitche gumee”
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Ryan Hillenbrand

Ha. Sorry that was the only Minnesota joke I had save for some lame Paul Bunyon reference. I can redirect the reference to a contest above “gitche gumee”

I love Edmund Fitzgerald's voice.

PCCraig

We're down to 44 participants after a few folk's plans have changed.

As we get closer to August 4th (only 5 weeks to go), please let me know as soon as possible if you can't make it. Hopefully most folks have their travel plans locked in and are looking forward to the Mashie.

Additionally, if anyone else wants to join, we now have plenty of room and we would welcome your addition (Looking at you Terry Lavin!)
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Jeff Shelman and I are planning on hosting a get together the Friday before the Mashie at White Bear Yacht Club for people visiting us from out of town. Please see the thread/link below:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,66053.0.html
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Sorry for the additional bump, but as the event gets a little closer it is beneficial for this to be on the first page of the discussion board. We are now only 5 weeks away from the event at Northland!

Please let me know as soon as possible if for some reason you have to cancel your reservation. We have to firm up our dining and golf numbers for the club soon.

Thanks,

Pat
H.P.S.

Steve Kline

What is the drop dead date for signing up?

Does anyone have room for someone for golf on Friday afternoon?

Steve Kline

I'm in for sure.

From Ohio

walk and carry

Handicap - unknown. Haven't played for about 6 years. Was previously below scratch. I'm guessing I will shoot between 85-90. Maybe a little better.

Buck Wolter

Pat-
Per our earlier conversation I am going to have to drop out --just confirming here.

Buck
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

PCCraig

Thanks, Buck. Sorry you can't make it.

We've lost a couple, but gained a couple so we are holding firm with 44.

We're now only one month out from the event. If for some reason you can't make it, please let me know as soon as possible so we can nail down final numbers for Northland. I may reach out here soon to folks I haven't heard from in a bit to confirm their still making the trip.

Thanks,

Pat
H.P.S.

RJ_Daley

Thanks to Pat for a reminder today.  I booked a room at Days Inn Wyndham.  Not many lodging choices left on booking and AirB&B sites.
I am unable to play, but really want to see the old classic and of course a number of old friends.  I can still eat!  ;D ::) 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

PCCraig

Thanks to Pat for a reminder today.  I booked a room at Days Inn Wyndham.  Not many lodging choices left on booking and AirB&B sites.
I am unable to play, but really want to see the old classic and of course a number of old friends.  I can still eat!  ;D ::) 8)

Thanks, Dick. Looking forward to seeing you and glad you could join us.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Updated the participants on the first page. We've had quite a few folks drop out but we should have a solid group of ~36-40 or so when it's all said and done.

If for some reason your plans have changed, please let me know as soon as possible.

Or if there is anyone who would like to join us and hasn't had a chance to sign up, let me know.

Less than a month away! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Minnesota in August.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

First page has been updated with the most current participant list.

If possible, does anyone have Zack Molnar's personal e-mail they can send me? Trying to confirm that he is still planning to attend but haven't heard from him in a while.

Thanks,

Pat
H.P.S.

PCCraig

First page has been updated with the most current participant list.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Another update as we get closer.

The Food & Beverage plan has come together. Everyone will be charged $85 at check in, which will cover dinner, your first few drinks, and breakfast before golf on Sunday morning. That charge also includes all service and gratuities.

We'll have a beverage cart parked near the 18th green after golf for people who would like to enjoy a drink and watch groups as the finish. We'll leave plenty of time for cocktails and to get cleaned up before dinner is served at 7pm.

We are working on an agenda for speakers, but we will still be ending the night with a talk & discussion from Ron & Tyler. 

Dinner will be a traditional summer BBQ with pork ribs, pulled pork, corn on the cob, coleslaw, baked beans, and corn bread.

Breakfast will consist of eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, donuts, etc. and served beginning at 8am.

As for pre-Satuday Mashie golf I have the following players interested in an additional round:

Jason T.
Jake M.
Joe L.
Derek H.
Criss T.

For post-Sunday Golf, I have Brandon U. and Jason T. interested in additional golf. Additional golf on Sunday should probably be set up day-of through the pro shop.

For Saturday morning golf, let me know if the above players are still planning on playing (either 9 or 18). With a small group of 5 so far it likely won't be too hard to fit people in, but I wanted to give the Head Professional a heads up that you'll be there looking for a game.

Sorry...long message. Please let me know if there are any questions.

H.P.S.

PCCraig

Now that we are a little more than two weeks out I thought I would bump this up once more.

Still haven't heard from Zach Molnar, and he's the only one I haven't confirmed with yet. If anyone knows him personally, please confirm with him and let me know if he can still make it. Otherwise I'm going to drop his name off the list for planning/grouping purposes.

Now that we are through the most recent revision, please send me your most recent handicap index. That'll help me with setting matches and the club with printing scorecards.

Jake Ryan, the Superintendent at Northland has been sharing some terrific photos of the course recently. Including one from today which he mentions it's been years since he's watered the fairways. The picture shows a wonderfully brown turf and Lake Superior. Hopefully with some good weather the course will be in prime shape for our visit.
H.P.S.

Jason Thurman

Pat, I'm probably out for Saturday AM golf. In for Sunday PM still though. I love a good victory lap.

Flights and lodging booked!
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back