News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BCowan

Re: Hell's Half Acre - does it work today?
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2014, 05:24:48 PM »
''HHA is more of an impediment for the better golfer because it places an enormous premium on the tee shot., since the 0, 3 and 6 handicap should par the 7th with a degree of regularity.'' +1.  Pat, asking someone to put their tee shot in the fairway off the tee is asking a lot these days...

''And yet, we see an abundance of ponds and creeks fronting greens.

At what point do you cease catering to the LCD ?''  +1.  Those get a pass for irrigation and beautification, lol ::)

Senior Mucci, have you played Dormie?  If you haven't I would be curious to get your opinion, for it isn't a traditional replica but it presents the golfer with decisions and rewards two good shots with a shorter 3rd, and you don't lose your golf ball (what a thought) :).  I also like the staircase feeling Dormie's 17th provides.  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:32:08 PM by BCowan »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2014, 05:55:39 PM »
BC,

Unfortunately, I haven't played "Dormie"

Maybe next summer.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »
''HHA is more of an impediment for the better golfer because it places an enormous premium on the tee shot., since the 0, 3 and 6 handicap should par the 7th with a degree of regularity.'' +1.  Pat, asking someone to put their tee shot in the fairway off the tee is asking a lot these days...

''And yet, we see an abundance of ponds and creeks fronting greens.

At what point do you cease catering to the LCD ?''  +1.  Those get a pass for irrigation and beautification, lol ::)

Senior Mucci, have you played Dormie?  If you haven't I would be curious to get your opinion, for it isn't a traditional replica but it presents the golfer with decisions and rewards two good shots with a shorter 3rd, and you don't lose your golf ball (what a thought) :).  I also like the staircase feeling Dormie's 17th provides.  

I think of the 10th at the Dormie Club as a true HHA hole, as you pretty much have to take on that wasteland every play.  At the 17th it's not a bad play at all to lay up, leaving a 6 or 7 or 8 iron, where if you layup or tack way right on 10 you will not be able to get home in three. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back