News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan_Callahan

Re: Drifting in Donegal: ROSAPENNA GC OTM LINKS
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2024, 10:04:58 AM »
I thought it was remarkable how different the three courses are, considering they sit on adjacent properties. OTM is the easiest walk by far, and feels the most intimate to me (especially the front 9). Sandy Hills is the hardest walk and the course I would not recommend to a friend who is a double-digit handicap. I also found it to be extremely disorienting because the hills and dunes are so tall. There were a few times when I popped out of a valley to the next tee and realized I was facing in the opposite direction of what I thought. St. Patrick's is the most epic ... the views, the sheer size/scale of the course and width of the fairways, the greens. I think all three courses are great.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2024, 01:35:31 PM »
Dan,

I agree - one of the real benefits of the 54 (or 63) holes is that all the courses have a really different look and feel. Although a lot of that is down to the land each uses, I think it more highlights that each architect brought a very different style to his design.

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2024, 07:05:33 PM »

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera around the back nine.   

FWIW, since there are no pix of the back 9 on the thread anymore, here's a link to a few from 2017.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/albums/72177720318530741/

Rosapenna Old Tom Morris #14 par 3 175 yards

Charles Lund

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2024, 10:10:04 AM »
Nice photos.  I forgot about the rain that day on the front nine.

Charles Lund

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2024, 03:28:08 PM »
Nice photos.  I forgot about the rain that day on the front nine.

Charles Lund

Yes, it was a deluge for several holes on the front. The green on the par 3 #7 had a little pond on it.

The years have flown by since that visit. Hope you are well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back