News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ken Moum

Out the back window in Dornoch
« on: August 26, 2013, 05:50:59 AM »
Here's the view out my back window from Dornoch Square.....

That's all you can see of RDC, but the roof there is the starter's hut.

Sadly, we'll be leaving on Thursday, but only to Fife and the East Lothians.

The reality of heading home to Kansas on Sept 5 is starting to sink in, however.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:59:10 PM by Ken Moum »
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Bill_McBride

Re: Out the back window in Dornoch
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »
Is there a "jealous" emoticon?

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 11:00:37 AM »
I think I have seen that view before. ;)

Brent Hutto

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:02:45 AM »
I think I have seen that view before. ;)

I thought I had seen it before. If you think you've seen it before then now I know that I've seen it before.

Or words to that effect...

Ken Moum

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:00:08 PM »
It's not ALL golf in Scotland

But there is some golf, including playing a mixed foursomes with Peter and Rosemary.  Peter was having a bit of a problem keeping the ball in the fairway on a couple of holes and they made at least one snowman. On the 18th, it was Peter's shot for a layup on the par five.

He says to Rosemary, "Where would you like the next shot?"

Rosemary said "The bar!" They've been married for 40 + years and play 20+ mixed foursome events a year.

FWIW, that's my wife driving on the 12th at Nairn Dunbar

Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Dean Stokes

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
I only wish I knew how to post photos or had the inclination to learn and take the time to put them up......I have some great photos of Dornoch from our trip last year!!! What a great day playing 36 homes in the sunshine. Memories. Enjoy.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Ken Moum

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »
I only wish I knew how to post photos or had the inclination to learn and take the time to put them up......I have some great photos of Dornoch from our trip last year!!! What a great day playing 36 homes in the sunshine. Memories. Enjoy.

Mine are on my Facebook page.  I open the image in Facebook (on Chrome), then right click on it, and choose "open image in a new tab."

Once it's open I copy the URL and add it to my post by clicking the photo icon here. It's this one .

Then paste the URL in between the codes that show up.

Like this guy named Barkley we met in the car park at Brora:

Or this one of my wife riding on a two-lane road with a 60 mph speed limit not far from Nairn Dunbar.

Dave McCollum

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 05:40:23 PM »
You were staying in the cemetery?

Walter Bart

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 07:58:51 PM »
 I arrived back in Boston last week after 8 days in Dornoch,  participating in the Carnegie Shield ( High Handicap group, sorry)
 I also wish I knew how to post pictures.  Stayed at the Royal Golf Hotel on the course, have some great shots of the first fairway outside our window.  We actually had 180 degree views of the course from our room.  Great location for sure. My fourth time at the hotel and 7th Shield.

The fairways were brown, and cut as low as I 've ever seen.  While it was fast, it was not as fast as I would have thought under the conditions.
  Greens were spectacular, as was the entire course . The overall experience spectacular, tempered by the fact that I did not make it into match play.

David_Tepper

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 09:45:16 PM »
Speaking of "a room with a view," you can have a view virtually identical to the one above here:

http://hspc.co.uk/details.asp?id=47301

Ken Moum

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 03:16:30 AM »
Speaking of "a room with a view," you can have a view virtually identical to the one above here:

http://hspc.co.uk/details.asp?id=47301

Hey, I've seen that front door.... K

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
It's not ALL golf in Scotland

But there is some golf, including playing a mixed foursomes with Peter and Rosemary.  Peter was having a bit of a problem keeping the ball in the fairway on a couple of holes and they made at least one snowman. On the 18th, it was Peter's shot for a layup on the par five.

He says to Rosemary, "Where would you like the next shot?"

Rosemary said "The bar!" They've been married for 40 + years and play 20+ mixed foursome events a year.

FWIW, that's my wife driving on the 12th at Nairn Dunbar

Need any help tasting that great sampler of Scotches??
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back