News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Never as good as the first time
« on: January 30, 2011, 10:56:41 AM »

What courses knocked your socks off and with repeated plays kept giving you the same experience?

For me

1-Cruden Bay   Its landscape starts to overwelm you from the parking lot and never dissapoints thoughout the round.Full of unique holes and features.Love at first site that lasts a life time.

2-Pebble Beach   Golf on a grand scale.Every thing just seems bigger.No greater beauty than 6-10.Those holes never get old.

3-Diamante   The Cruden Bay of North America.Beautiful vistas with charm and uniqueness of architecture.

4-Pacific Dunes  Land created for golf.No greater collection of par 3's and short par 4's.Christmas morning for the avid golfer.

5-The Old Course   Always butterflies at the start and smiles at the finish.Drivable par 4's.Bunkers with names and the stamps of all the greats.Sacred ground.

6-Prestwick  A sneaky start and challenges at every turn.History and the ghosts of Old and Young Tom.Holes that would not be built today.Going back in time when courses were created by nature.

I'm sure North Berwick would make my list but I have only played it once.

Anthony

Mac Plumart

Re: Never as good as the first time
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:10:43 AM »
Two that jump to mind right away are...

Kiawah Ocean.  Depending on how the wind is blowing the course and the required shots/strategy changes.  Cool stuff!

Rivermont.  Any course with amazing greens holds my interest.  Add in great variety of shots and you've got a course I could play endlessly.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Jim Tang

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:51:30 PM »
Ballyneal, Pacific Dunes and Blackwolf-River all come to mind.  Each time I visit those courses they just seem to get better and better, and each time I learn a little bit more in terms of how to play them.

Scott Szabo

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »
Sand Hills. The second visit only reaffirmed what I thought after my first play, and then some.  Ballyneal as well.  I had never ben exposed to that kind of golf and I must say I enjoy Ballyneal more and more each time out.  I just wish I could find more time to get out on the course these days!

"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:59 PM »
Ballyhack.  It's never presented the same challenge twice.

WW

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
Pebble Beach is the course I have played the most besides my home course. Loved every round
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Ryan Admussen

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:05:25 PM »
Sagebrush

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back