News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

PGA.Com
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »
I highly recommend PGA.Com's coverage of marquee groups on line.  I enjoy watching people play an entire round of golf rather than flash cuts from player to player.  You get very good analysis of the way the course plays and the PGA appears to be doing a good job of rotating in commentators - Rich Beam and a fitness expert so far. 

The announcers talk too much but there is more substance than normal.

Rick Shefchik

Re: PGA.Com
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
I agree, Jason. I've got work to do and shouldn't be watching, but it's hard to shut it down when the web coverage makes you feel like you're right there on the course with Woods, Singh and Yang -- much moreso than on a regular TV broadcast, for some reason. I'm getting a great feel for Whistling Straits.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:51:09 PM »
I highly recommend PGA.Com's coverage of marquee groups on line.  I enjoy watching people play an entire round of golf rather than flash cuts from player to player.  You get very good analysis of the way the course plays and the PGA appears to be doing a good job of rotating in commentators - Rich Beam and a fitness expert so far. 

The announcers talk too much but there is more substance than normal.

Jason:

I 100% agree. It's nice to have a guy like Michael Breed in the booth giving legit swing analysis and not forcing the coverage like the weekend crews are known to do.

Also, it's amazing how much more fun it is to watch the course when the holes are played in order.
H.P.S.

John Moore II

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:25:15 PM »
What I like about this is that so far they have had one of the course professionals come out and describe the hole, how its played, how its layed out and such. To me thats a great look at the course architecture and design that is not/can not be seen on the TV coverage.

Jason Walker

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 10:12:12 PM »
This is awesome to hear.  My best friend is the producer of the coverage on PGA.com and I've been trying to tell people how great it is for years.   They do a fantastic job and it really gives a glimpse of how golf would be covered without the restrictions networks are stuck with.  I go see him every year at the PGA so I'll be sure and let him know tomorrow night there's fans at GCA.com!  (he also gets me on the golf course the Monday after the PGA and British every year so I have to 'whore' him out a little bit)  :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back