News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Frank Rizzo, Philly and Golf Course Architecture
« on: April 15, 2008, 07:15:36 AM »
These Merion threads are bringing back memories of former Philadelphia Mayor and Police Commissioner Frank Rizzo!

From Wiki:

A biography of Rizzo, with an introduction written by future Philadelphia Police Commissioner John Timoney, recounted: "Of one group of anti-police demonstrators, he is reported to have said, 'When I'm finished with them, I'll make Attila the Hun look like a fag' ". A female reporter who covered the Rizzo years, Andrea Mitchell (now of NBC News), recounted routine brutish behavior as part of a broad pattern of bravado. [4]

:D >:( :-* :'( ??? 8)

Mike_Cirba

Re: Frank Rizzo, Philly and Golf Course Architecture
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 07:39:24 AM »
Yo Sweens...

Youz saying therez somthin wrong with are arkitektshur or what??!   :( ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:01:34 AM by MPCirba »

Ian Andrew

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:20:27 AM »
Mike,

I honestly thought this was a reference to the Jerky Boys - I take it they got the character name from the real Frank Rizzo.

TEPaul

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 08:57:44 AM »
Let's just say I definitely did not EVER vote for Rizzo and frankly could not stand the man and his administration, particularly after some of his gestapo-like police tried to plant some drugs on my man Huge "Puffy" Wilson (Hugh's illegitimate black grandson) one night in the 'hood.

The G-damn police thugs did not need to rough him up like that and plant drugs on him. "Puffy" Wilson is a first class and upright and honest man, just like all the Wilsons have been. If those police thugs wanted to see his drugs all they had to do is ask him nicely and I have no doubt he would've let them have some and they all could've gotten high and wide with him and his incredibly attractive "bitches" right then and there.

Some say a couple of Puffy "bitches" are actually blood relatives to NGLA's Charley Macdonald hisself.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:01:28 AM by TEPaul »

David Stamm

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »
Mike,

I honestly thought this was a reference to the Jerky Boys - I take it they got the character name from the real Frank Rizzo.

I'm with Ian! I thought it was too! I guess I should  "Open my freakin ears, jack a**.!" ;)
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 09:47:26 AM »
Yo Moriarity...

Just wait and see what happens if you ever  start messin wit Juniata GC....

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back