News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank Sekulic

Golf in Flagstaff
« on: June 02, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »
I am going to be driving from San Diego to Santa Fe to play both Black Mesa and Paa Ko Ridge(a long overdue trip), I will be playing in Phoenix in the morning and was planning on staying in Flagstaff that night and possibly teeing it up the next day.

Any suggestions for where to play?

Stephen Davis

Re: Golf in Flagstaff
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:45:14 PM »
I am going to be driving from San Diego to Santa Fe to play both Black Mesa and Paa Ko Ridge(a long overdue trip), I will be playing in Phoenix in the morning and was planning on staying in Flagstaff that night and possibly teeing it up the next day.

Any suggestions for where to play?
Forest Highlands would be the obvious choice, if you can arrange it.

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:59:02 PM »
There is little, if any, quality public golf in Flagstaff. There is a nice (and very scenic) public course in Sedona. Can't think of the name at the moment.

I think it is the Sedona Golf Resort:

http://www.sedonagolfresort.com/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:03:29 PM by David_Tepper »

Tom Ferrell

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 01:00:09 PM »
You might also check out Flagstaff Ranch, a Jerry Pate (Steve Dana) design.  Jerry does surprisingly good work.  Kiva Dunes and Limestone Springs are both very good Alabama courses.  Flagstaff Ranch occupies some rugged terrain, but they did a great job with it.

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »
Forest Highlands is the clear answer.

If you cannot get access, Weiskopf's Seven Canyons in Sedona is open to the public and, while flawed, has some enjoyable holes in an unreal setting.

Frank Sekulic

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 12:19:55 PM »
Thanks for the input, more than likely I will stay in Sedona and play Seven Canyons.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 01:07:54 PM »
You might also check out Flagstaff Ranch, a Jerry Pate (Steve Dana) design.  Jerry does surprisingly good work.  Kiva Dunes and Limestone Springs are both very good Alabama courses.  Flagstaff Ranch occupies some rugged terrain, but they did a great job with it.

Pensacola Country Club and Steelwood (Loxley, AL) are good as well.   Also one of the LaQuinta courses although I haven't played it.  Steve is a very good designer. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back