News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Lovett

Caddiemasters
« on: December 26, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »
It's my understanding that the company "Caddiemasters" provides caddy services for clubs such as Augusta National, TPC Sawgrass, and Pinehurst. I understand that they will be beginning with my club in January 2014. Who has experience with the company and what should our membership expect?

Keith OHalloran

Re: Caddiemasters
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:19:19 PM »
Judging from their website, you can expect white jumpsuits at the very least!
I wonder if Jeff Warne is the CEO?  ;D

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
The late Pat Collins was the caddiemaster at Winged Foot and may be the best known.

About 10 years ago a buddy of mine was at Sparks steak house.  Inside was Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani and other notable big wigs.  Sitting at one table was Pat Collins.  All of these people came to Pats table to say hello because they knew he would take care of them when they came to Winged Foot.  He was like the Godfather.

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »
The late Pat Collins was the caddiemaster at Winged Foot and may be the best known.

About 10 years ago a buddy of mine was at Sparks steak house.  Inside was Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani and other notable big wigs.  Sitting at one table was Pat Collins.  All of these people came to Pats table to say hello because they knew he would take care of them when they came to Winged Foot.  He was like the Godfather.

There are plenty stories about Pat skimming cash off caddies for better loops too.

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »
It's my understanding that the company "Caddiemasters" provides caddy services for clubs such as Augusta National, TPC Sawgrass, and Pinehurst. I understand that they will be beginning with my club in January 2014. Who has experience with the company and what should our membership expect?

Id give them mixed reviews at best. It seems to me that its good for the "lifer" type caddies over the long run because it keeps them on the grid in terms of insurance and taxes, however a good caddy can make a lot more taking cash at the conclusion of each loop.

Id be interested to see how easy it is for a college or high school kid to get a summer job at a Caddiemaster program.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 08:10:20 PM »

There are plenty stories about Pat skimming cash off caddies for better loops too.

Yes. Those stories were true.  Pat may well have been considered a "Godfather" like character, but it was mostly because he ransomed everyone, members and caddies alike. The only difference was that members fleecing was "optional," and caddies paying was mandatory.
No role model by me. That's for sure.

Lenny at PVGC is a more deserved legend and gets my vote.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

D_Malley

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 08:19:48 PM »
If you move up the ladder you can make $35,000 per year as Caddiemaster (head manager) at one of their Properties!!!!!

Career Oportunities
We are currently interviewing candidates for assistant managerial placements. All of our 100+ managers briefly caddie before moving into management. This is by design to foster their leadership and development. A qualified managerial candidate will be offered the opportunity to relocate (at their expense) to one of our properties, probably TPC Sawgrass, to begin their training, within 30 days. To begin, your training will focus on caddying; then, training progresses to the assistant manager position. We anticipate that during this period a candidate can earn approximately $500 per week between their caddie fees, gratuity, and managerial shifts.

Within a few months, there is a possibility that you will be transferred, at the company’s expense, to one of our other properties, to continue with your managerial development. If successful and at the conclusion of this training, you may be offered a subsequent transfer to another facility. Ultimately, we are looking for an extremely mobile candidate to grow with our company and eventually lead their own program. Upon this promotion to the head manager position, salary begins at $35,000 per year plus an opportunity to receive $2,000+ in performance bonuses.

Please understand that these scenarios are based on company needs and your progress at undetermined times.

If you haven't already completed the pre-qualifying online tests, will you please do so? The link is listed below:

http://caddiepositions.applybyweb.com/ManagerOffsite

If this is of interest to you and you meet our standards, you will receive a reply within 48-72 hours.

Joe Fairey

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »

Steve,

Their program will add structure and professionalism to your club's program....I have no idea of your home club and/or the current program status...maybe PM me and I can give you some specifics...I know CME very well.....two things will probably happen soon.....the caddies ARE NOT going to like the '"structure"'.....the club and the members ARE....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back