News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

rboyce

Doing Hootie's "Bidding"
« on: August 27, 2004, 09:27:17 PM »
Poor Martha Burk. What a loser. The NYT has a piece out right now stating the sponsors will be back at the Masters next year. SBC, Exxon Mobil, and IBM. Martha says sbc and xom are involved because their ceos are members and therefore are doing Hootie's bidding.

If you don't like it start your own club Martha. I'm sure there will be charming people just knocking down the door to join.

bwaa ha!

Joel_Stewart

Re:Doing Hootie's "Bidding"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 10:31:23 PM »
I wonder if Coke and long time sponsor Travelers opted out because of the Martha uproar or SBC and Exxon just paid more?

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 10:41:32 PM »
Joel,

Cadillac and Travelers in recent years, I believe.

Now, I'm off to go try to join a local "Curves". I need to lose some weight.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Jason Mandel

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 10:44:32 PM »
Joe,

i just got that joke, i almost wrote a post asking if guys were actually allowed to join "curves"
 :)

jason
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

DMoriarty

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 12:53:50 AM »
Poor Martha Burk. What a loser. The NYT has a piece out right now stating the sponsors will be back at the Masters next year. SBC, Exxon Mobil, and IBM. Martha says sbc and xom are involved because their ceos are members and therefore are doing Hootie's bidding.

If you don't like it start your own club Martha. I'm sure there will be charming people just knocking down the door to join.

bwaa ha!

R Boyce, if she was so inclined she would likely make a terrific addition to any club.  If you knew anything about her you might find her quite charming, as do most who are familiar with her.

Let's all do ourselves a big favor and not go down this road yet again.  If any of you new guys need an angry white male fix, use the search function and you will have enough reading to keep you busy until next Masters.  

But please don't bother to pull any of it up, as our host has requested that we avoid this type of off topic nonsense.  

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 12:55:11 AM by DMoriarty »

rboyce

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 08:29:13 AM »
R Boyce, if she was so inclined she would likely make a terrific addition to any club.  If you knew anything about her you might find her quite charming, as do most who are familiar with her.

~~~

I completely doubt it.

I am not new here and not an angry white male. I believe that males and females are equal but not the same, and find it beneath the dignity of the women I respect for someone like Martha Burk to suggest that women would need to establish their self worth by joining a boys club like Augusta.

The women I respect would go out and start their club and their own traditions rather than ride the coatails of an old school bunch of boys.

TEPaul

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 10:10:12 AM »
"R Boyce, if she was so inclined she would likely make a terrific addition to any club.  If you knew anything about her you might find her quite charming, as do most who are familiar with her."

What a thing to say. On this particular subject it's DEFINITELY not necessary to become familiar with Martha Burk. The wonderful thing about America is we all have the opportunity to potentially make asses out of ourselves publicly. In the case of the ANGC/female inclusion controversy both Martha and Hootie managed to make asses of themselves publicly. Don't you just love how free we are here in the good old US of A?

Martha for sort of getting the philosophies of "equality of OPPORTUNITY" confused with the necessity that everyone should have automatic access to everything and anything and Hootie for reacting the way he did to her letter to ANGC to that effect.

Martha might be a very nice and interesting lady but like anybody else she'll have to live with the things she's said and done publicly! Hootie appears to have settled back nicely after this massive controversy though, I guess because he didn't exactly start it he just figured out a real good way to make it a huge issue right out of the box!

Wayne_Freedman

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 09:33:40 PM »

A good time to pose the question:

Are there any women who regularly use this site?

Dale_McCallon

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2004, 09:44:38 PM »
Wayne,

Great minds must think alike.  I was wondering this today--are their any women members or lurkers.  Or as we used to say in college is this just one big sausage fest?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back