News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A.G._Crockett

Ira/Jim etal
Regarding the "good bed" comment.
When we stayed at the MP Hotel there were only two rooms occupied on our floor.  High season.  The room we had was "rustic."  The bed we slept in may have been the exact bed my parents slept in during the 1960s.  I'm not sure if the sheets were original as well.  The dining room for a romantic dinner with your wife and another couple was "lacking."

A guys trip for 36 holes a day, eating bar food and patio drinking probably works, but don't bring your wives. 

Anthony

I must be lucky; my wife, who is both brilliant and beautiful, likes bar food and patio drinking.  She doesn’t play golf, so she doesn’t go on golf trips with me, but I wouldn’t hesitate a second about the accommodations at MP/PN.  She’d find them quaint and charming and historic, just like I do. 
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Ira Fishman

A.G.

I can “top” you in only one regard: my wife loves golf (probably more than I do). We have been fortunate to travel to some terrific golf locations, but none is as special as MP/PN. We have spent countless hours of enjoyment overlooking MP 18 and chatting at the sunken bar at PN. We are not native North Carolinians nor UNC people, but the patio at MP embodies “If G-d is not a Tar Heel, then why did He make the sky Carolina Blue?” It is just a place that feels as if all is right.

Btw, the food at the grill at SP is pretty darn good as is the view over 18 from that little porch—I hope that they keep it if they redo the clubhouse.

Ira

Peter Sayegh

I've never stayed at the MP/PN accommodations.
Likewise, I've never played with any guest that did NOT opine either option is "dated."
Charm has its limits.
I assume the lodging plan at SP is still extant. Maybe that'll be the petri dish for the sister courses.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back