News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Jefferson County attorney Mike O'Connell addressed the court on Wednesday.
       "Therefore, based on the totality of the evidence, my office cannot move forward in the prosecution of the charges filed against Mr. Scheffler," O'Connell said. "Mr. Scheffler’s characterization that this was ‘a big misunderstanding’ is corroborated by the evidence. The evidence that we reviewed supports the conclusion that detective [Bryan] Gillis was concerned for public safety at the scene when he initiated contact with Mr. Scheffler. However, Mr Scheffler’s actions and the evidence surrounding their exchange during this misunderstanding do not satisfy the elements of any criminal offenses. For these reasons, I now tender to the courts a motion and order to dismiss all these charges in this case against Mr. Scheffler with prejudice."
The matter can be expunged within 60 days.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/criminal-charges-scottie-scheffler-may-29-2024
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 05:18:07 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Steve_ Shaffer

As I mentioned in  Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024, 02:09:49 PM:

I think the defense will be a "misunderstanding" of what happened.

There are Security Guards and Police, separate entities.

https://www.nbcsports.com/golf/news/scottie-scheffler-reportedly-detained-by-police-ahead-of-pga-second-round
During my career as a criminal defense attorney in the Philadelphia Criminal Court ( for 3 years before going to civil litigation cases) I knew that every case was different but  what happened in Louisville was not right in arresting Scheffler given the facts. I understand that political interference may have happened but the facts did not lead to an arrest.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Steve_ Shaffer

"I hold no ill will toward Officer [Bryan] Gillis. I wish to put this incident behind me and move on, and I hope he will do the same," Scheffler wrote in an Instagram story Wednesday, referencing the Louisville police officer who arrested him outside Valhalla Golf Club. "Police officers have a difficult job and I hold them in high regard. This was a severe miscommunication in a chaotic situation."
"Based upon the totality of the evidence, my office cannot move forward in the prosecution of the charges filed against Mr. Scheffler," O'Connell said. "Mr. Scheffler's characterization that this was a 'big misunderstanding' is corroborated by the evidence. The evidence we reviewed supports the conclusion that Detective Gillis was concerned for public safety at the scene when he initiated contact with Mr. Scheffler. However, Mr. Scheffler's actions and the evidence surrounding their exchange during this misunderstanding do not satisfy the elements of any criminal offenses."

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/40240096/charges-dropped-scottie-scheffler-louisville-arrest
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 07:17:42 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back