News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Hetzel

On my way back (and, I did not want to leave) from The Bridge, I decided to drive an hour and a half out of my way to play Erie Golf Club. Erie GC is a 1921 A.W. Tillinghast golf course in Erie, PA. It's currently for sale, if the township cannot sell it, it will revert to green space, which would be a shame as it is a fun golf course. Blue tees tip out at 6420, white tees play 6058 and the red tees are 4743 yards.It's laid out over a somewhat hilly parcel of land. Many of the greens are smaller in size as you would expect from an older golf course. I have no idea, I can speculate, which holes are the newer ones here.

Hole #1 - Par 4.Pretty straight forward golf hole. To the immediate right is the entrance road to the clubhouse.

#2 Number one handicap hole is a par 5 with a lot of width off the tee.

#3 Par 4

#4 Par 3

« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 02:00:27 PM by Richard Hetzel »
Last 10:
Erie GC (PA), Skyway GC (NJ), Ferry Point Links (NY), The Bridge (NY), Montauk Downs (NY), Totteridge GC (PA), Hillsboro Elks (OH), Smock GC (IN), Westbrook CC (OH), NCR CC - South (OH)

Richard Hetzel

#5, dogleg right, I forgot to get a pic of the green, but it's wedged right now too close the trees so it does not get enough sunlight.

#6 Dogleg left, uphill par 4.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 10:14:19 AM by Richard Hetzel »
Last 10:
Erie GC (PA), Skyway GC (NJ), Ferry Point Links (NY), The Bridge (NY), Montauk Downs (NY), Totteridge GC (PA), Hillsboro Elks (OH), Smock GC (IN), Westbrook CC (OH), NCR CC - South (OH)

Richard Hetzel

#7 slight dogleg left

Last 10:

Richard Hetzel

#8 par 3
Last 10:

Richard Hetzel

#9 dogleg right, uphill drive

Last 10:

Richard Hetzel

#10, big dogleg right. Green is located really close to the tree line.

Last 10:

Richard Hetzel

I may have a few of these back nine holes out of order, we teed off on the back 9 so I was a bit confused posting these! I also was not driving the cart so I could not take all of the pictures that I wanted.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 07:54:07 PM by Richard Hetzel »
Last 10:

Erik J. Barzeski

Yeah, for #9 you have pictures of pictures of 13 and 11.

9 is the little dogleg right up the hill. 10 plays down the hill to the big side slope fairway (dogleg right). 11 back up the hill to a very round green. 12 is a par three right beside #9 green. 13 comes back toward the clubhouse building (east side of the clubhouse). 14 is the first hole across the road with the pond, 15 comes back along the 14th and has a green near the same road (the road to the right of #1). 16 is a downhill par four, 17 is the downhill par three, and 18 is the uphill par four that finishes on the north side of the clubhouse.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Erik J. Barzeski

I give up. The neglect of this forum and the software running it is nuts.

You get a hole ahead (the par three you have as #13 is #12), and so you are missing hole #16 (downhill par four to the west side of the clubhouse building). You have a hole 9 green picture in there with another hole, and a hole 11 green photo in a wrong place, too. Holes 17 and 18 are good.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 12:10:00 PM by Erik J. Barzeski »
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back