News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Sims

A Podcast close to our GCA Heart: Driven Golf
« on: October 11, 2023, 11:32:24 AM »
I want to invite all of you to indulge in a new Podcast called Driven Golf by one of our own. I’ve known Jim Colton for over 14 years and between his many exploits as a golfer, GCA fanatic, and father of an elite player, I’ve always been impressed by the quality and effort level of his projects. His new Podcast is no different. So far, after only two episodes, the topics are wide-ranging and informative. I hope you guys like it as much as I do.

Spotify: https://spotify.link/6vjSSouvMDb

Apple:https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/driven-golf-podcast/id1709053913?i=1000630812039
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 12:28:27 PM by Ben Sims »

Tripp Lewis

Re: A Podcast close to our GCA Heart: Driven Golf
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 12:17:44 PM »
I played Fields Ranch East with my BIL over Labor Day Weekend - was lucky enough to have Jim selected as our coach/consultant/strategist as we took down a couple of local surgeons 2&1 - he even carried our bags. Somehow we made it to the 18th fairway before he mentioned anything about GCA, Ballyneal or any of his various projects/accomplishments in and around the world of golf. I was forced to put 3 balls into the creek on my approach just to extend the amount of time I had left to pick his brain before the round ended.

Jim is an incredible guy; look forward to following-along/supporting this project and any of his future endeavors.

Aaron Marks

Re: A Podcast close to our GCA Heart: Driven Golf
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 04:49:21 PM »
Two things stood out to me (non-Lido related, which is an incredible story in and of itself)

1- 65 at Lawsonia with Hickories is an amazing accomplishment.  I've known about that round for awhile and I'm glad more will hear about it thanks to this podcast. 

2-  Peter talks about imagining these first US golfers being just terrible, and how entertaining that is. It cracks me up now!  I cant stop picturing these aristocrats in suits just whiffing and shanking it all over the place. Much needed levity.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back