News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Franklin

Re: "Getting to Eighteen" by Tom Doak
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2020, 03:11:13 PM »
Got mine, loved the inscription and can't wait for next volume to come out.

Saw the owner of Beechtree the other day and asked him if he had seen the book. He had not. I told him the chapter on Beechtree was very interesting. He is going to purchase a copy.

Great stuff though. Loved Bill Coore's Foreword.

Jim:

I actually have a free copy of the book reserved for Mr. & Mrs. Knott -- but I had been unable to dig up their address so far.  If you have one, please forward to me, or tell them to reach me at doakgolf@aol.com

Sent you an email. Thanks
Mr Hurricane

Adam G

« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2023, 03:46:05 PM »
Is the second volume in progress yet? Or no current plans?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2023, 05:13:04 PM »
Is the second volume in progress yet? Or no current plans?

I don't have time to write any books anytime soon, since I've got 6-8 golf courses to build.

No promises there will ever be a second edition, but if there is, it will be after the last volume of The Confidential Guide, and that's at least two years out.

Eric Zimmerer

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2023, 05:13:29 PM »
Shot in the dark here, but have been searching high and low for a copy. Does anyone have a copy they would be looking to part from / live in the NY Metro Area and would be so kind to lend for a short period of time?

Mike Feeney

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2023, 07:49:48 AM »
Eric,
Looks like Michigan State's Library has it.
Your local library may be able to get it for you -- not sure if MSU will allow it outside the building.

https://eds.s.ebscohost.com/eds/results?vid=0&sid=da582e8c-1857-4ab4-82a1-f6db2f91904e%40redis&bquery=OC%2B1267515955&bdata=JnR5cGU9MSZzZWFyY2hNb2RlPUFuZCZzaXRlPWVkcy1saXZl

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back