News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

Peninsula Golf Club-Port Angeles, WA
« on: April 02, 2024, 01:45:44 PM »
Hello all. Anyone know anything about this course? It says "Since 1926", but I have not been able to find out much about who designed it in my research. I have a feeling it had a name change. Thanks.

https://golfinportangeles.com/
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Pete_Pittock

Re: Peninsula Golf Club-Port Angeles, WA
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 05:41:04 PM »
checked a 2000 book of courses in Washington.  It was Peninsula at that time. The write-up listed terrain as very hilly, metal spikes allowed (in 2000). some of the holes are cut into a hillside offering a wide variety of lies in the fairway. The course routing map available on their website looks like (IMO) 18 stakes on a weekday.

Joe Zucker

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 11:00:03 PM »
I played it in 2017 on a drive out to Cape Flattery.  The course is fine? Unremarkable greens on typically rocky and rugged soil of the Pacific Northwest.  I don't know anything about the history of the place, but if it truly dates back to 1926, I would guess it was a locals course set out by some farmers without much design thought.

David Stamm

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 01:40:52 PM »
Thank you, gents. That's kind of what I was thinking.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back