News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Re: The Lido (Wisconsin)
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2023, 04:48:03 PM »
I'll be in the Dells area end of next week in case a group is looking for a 4th at The Lido next Friday morning.
I know it's a longshot but just throwing it out there as I have a gap in my schedule.
Kurt
I recommend 12 North (Par 3 Course) at Trapper's Run in the Dells -- the putting course also looks like a blast.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Tom_Doak

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2023, 06:14:37 PM »

Jeff, Lido is a private club, but Sand Valley sells a few (4 or 5?) tee times in the afternoon. I believe they are sold out through 2024.

Wow!  No wonder people are pestering me to play in the Renaissance Cup.

Brad Hill

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2023, 08:35:58 PM »
The Lido is hard to describe. It’s a copy but unique. I played it a couple times about a month ago with our friend Dan Moore and think about it often.
The greens are spectacular, endlessly interesting. Similar the Old Course the shots coming into the green and recovery shots around them are super interesting. Usually not easy. Tee shots have many options and lines to take. None very obvious. In the fairway there are alleyways that run parallel to the hole providing longer roll outs and on the other side speed bumps slowing down the ball and adding unsteady lies. The par 3s are about as varied as they get with the Redan and Biarritz as true bruisers. It has the feeling of course made long ago in another place but also fits its current location. I think it’s a testament to all those involved.
I found the waste areas more problematic than the deep bunkers. Sometimes you’re able to advance to the green and others is an unintended chip out. I wonder what the desired look and playability is for them compared to what they are now.

I will always remember Mr. Flory giving me a late night tour of the Lido on the TV through his video game over some whiskeys. Peter it turned out so good.

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2023, 08:42:16 PM »

Jeff, Lido is a private club, but Sand Valley sells a few (4 or 5?) tee times in the afternoon. I believe they are sold out through 2024.

Wow!  No wonder people are pestering me to play in the Renaissance Cup.
Tom,

No surprise there. My game isn’t good enough to play in the Renaissance Cup, a condition on I’m planning to address with a few months in Aiken this winter.

Still, it would be great to see the Lido.
Tim Weiman

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2023, 05:59:38 PM »

I found the waste areas more problematic than the deep bunkers. Sometimes you’re able to advance to the green and others is an unintended chip out. I wonder what the desired look and playability is for them compared to what they are now.

Both the bunkers and waste areas are unpredictable. I'm wondering how the waste areas are going to be maintained after they have a year or two to grow in? 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back