News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

Re: CANCELLED: 2020 Midwest Mashie @The Loop | 07 July 2020
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2020, 11:54:38 PM »
Do I assume that we have sign up all over again?  Thus the need to patrol GCA?
That would be correct.
We do not know the dates nor the location of the next event.
Touch your GCA frequently.
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Jason Topp

Re: CANCELLED: 2020 Midwest Mashie @The Loop | Updated |07 July 2020
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2020, 01:02:11 AM »
Thanks to Vaughn and crew for all of the work you put into this.   I look forward to news of the next event. 

Jason Thurman

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2020, 09:14:59 AM »
More sad news in a sad year. It's the right play, but I sure wish there was a different one.

Still looking forward to the Mashie, whenever the next one happens.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2020, 11:13:39 AM »
Not exactly a shocking discovery, but sad news nonetheless.

Thanks again to Vaughn and his merry band of men who valiantly attempted to keep this event afloat amidst gargantuan odds.

Hoping to see y'all at the next one, when times are better.  Stay safe everyone.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Dan Moore

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2020, 12:41:27 PM »
Too bad. I was lucky enough to visit The Loop in June for my only road trip of the season.

I am mostly staying at my Sand Valley house this summer so any group of three who would like to visit for a day trip or otherwise please let me know and I'll be happy to set up a game or two. Cheers.

"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Ken Fry

« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2020, 02:06:19 PM »
Vaughn and Group,
Sorry for the inevitable news.  Thanks for all your work to get things organized.
Vaughn, looking forward to spending more than 5 minutes with you!
Ken

Buck Wolter

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2020, 02:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the effort guys -- the PGA obviously was watching this closely to make a decision on the Ryder Cup.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

PCCraig

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2020, 03:55:34 PM »
A bummer for sure, but not totally unexpected in the crazy year that is 2020. Looking forward to visiting FD in 2021.
H.P.S.

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2020, 05:59:35 PM »
I wanted to thank the entire Midwest Mashie planning committee for their efforts. It's not small feat putting on this event every year. Your efforts are recognized and much appreciated.

This is absolutely the right decision. I love this event and I miss you guys like crazy. However, I think it's clear that with everything going on and likely to be in the foreseeable future, this is the correct call.

Wherever and whenever the next Mashie may be, I will be looking forward to it.

V_Halyard

« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2020, 11:32:43 PM »
Thanks for the effort guys -- the PGA obviously was watching this closely to make a decision on the Ryder Cup.
Dang, I saw a call from Ponte Vedra come through and assumed it was spam...
Should I have picked up?
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Sean_A

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2020, 03:26:33 AM »
I wanted to thank the entire Midwest Mashie planning committee for their efforts. It's not small feat putting on this event every year. Your efforts are recognized and much appreciated.

+1

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth & Old Barnwell

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2020, 11:29:09 AM »
Dang, was really getting excited about this. Thanks to Vaughn et al for putting your work into it.

Looking forward to hearing about the 1 day event

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »
I wasn't going but I am sad for all who will miss the opportunity to play the Loop. It is great fun.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Ross Harmon

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2020, 05:57:45 PM »
Thanks Vaughn, George, Tom and Pat for organizing this - too bad to cancel though - hope to see you all again soon! Be well friends!

Frank Sekulic

« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2020, 01:10:42 PM »
Sad to see that the event was cancelled but, I think it is the right call given what is going on.

Thanks for all the hard work in trying to put this together and I look forward to next years Mashie no matter when and where it is held

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2020, 07:19:46 PM »
This may be cancelled but I am in pre-planning for a late August trip. Would have been better with our group-think.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2020, 07:55:31 PM »
This may be cancelled but I am in pre-planning for a late August trip. Would have been better with our group-think.

Pete:  Let me know if you decide to come this way.  I will probably be around to play.

Tom Bacsanyi

« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2020, 02:35:48 PM »
Sorry to hear this. Can I be placed on the list/waitlist for 2021?

Would love it to return to Forest Dunes next year.

Thanks,

T

Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

V_Halyard

« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2020, 03:18:00 PM »
Sorry to hear this. Can I be placed on the list/waitlist for 2021?

Would love it to return to Forest Dunes next year.

Thanks,

T
Thanks Tom,
No firm plans for 2021 as of yet.

V_Halyard

This Thread has been updated with a One Day Event to be held Sept 13, 2020 at Lawsonia Links. See top of Thread for more info and instructions.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 08:38:23 PM by V_Halyard »

Carl Rogers

Mr. Halyard,

Thank you for all your efforts.

Please scratch Carl Rogers from the 1 day event.

I live in Virginia and given the current public health circumstance, the amount of travel required in suspect environments (rest areas, restaurants, lodging, etc) & my age leads me to conclude that the risk to myself and others is too great.  I do not see the golf course itself as the hazard.

This is a great disappointment as I was planning to play several other courses of note in the region spending an extended period of time.

I look forward to 2021.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 08:25:24 AM by Carl Rogers »
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Pete_Pittock

Mr. Halyard,

Thank you for all your efforts.

Please scratch Carl Rogers from the 1 day event.

I live in Virginia and given the current public health circumstance, the amount of travel required in suspect environments (rest areas, restaurants lodging, etc) & my age leads me to conclude that the risk to myself and others is too great.  I do not see the golf course itself as the hazard.

This is a great disappointment as I was planning to play several other courses of note in the region spending an extended period of time.

I look forward to 2021.
Vaughn,
Please drop me from the wait list.  Should be a splendid outing. I have a long driving trip in late August to the MM neck of the woods.

John McCarthy

Like everyone, I am disappointed that this event had to be cancelled.  But it is the level headed decision. 

I look forward to Lawsonia - I have never golfed there. 
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

V_Halyard

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:18 AM »

+1

Ciao
Look forward to catching up when the world celebrates a grand reopening.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:20:46 AM by V_Halyard »

Jason Thurman

Just putting out a feeler here - is anybody tacking on extra golf around Lawsonia? I'm exploring options - I've never seen Sand Valley and would like to make the journey over there, and also evaluating other options not too far from the neighborhood. For that matter, I'll probably try to play on the drive up/back, likely in NWish Indiana somewhere, although that'll be harder to coordinate with everybody coming from all over the place.

Regardless, I'm trying to figure out how to set up a home base somewhere in Central WI for a few evenings and see some places I haven't seen. Obviously logistics are trickier than usual this year, but they get pretty simple once you're on a golf course. If anybody else is in a similar boat and looking to coordinate, shoot me a PM and I'll keep you looped in as plans develop.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back