News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Joines

Re: The Warren Course at Notre Dame - Coore and Crenshaw PICS
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 03:06:41 PM »
Joel,

Don't worry, I walked 18 last night for $15. Hard to imagine any better deal in golf than that.

I'd agree that extending the fairway right of the bunkers might make the hole more interesting. One has to be pretty brave to hit driver here now the way it narrows beyond the 200 yard mark. It's still one of the best holes on the course imo

JJShanley

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 11:11:31 AM »

Ken Fry

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
http://warrengolfcourse.com/news/32954-warren-gc-hosts-the-hickory-open/

August 29.  I'm tempted to give it a go.

I've played the last two years.  If you're available, play.  It's a wonderful way to enjoy the course!

Ken

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2020, 11:46:33 AM »

I finally played the Warren Course on Wed. I really enjoyed the parkland / flat holes. The bunkers and green complexes were masterfully done. I was blown away with all the different grasses and shrubs C&C planted across the property. The contrast between the fall leaves, green fairways, white sand, red fescue, heather, etc. was really something to see last night.

Does anyone have a full listing of all the grass and shrub types that were used in the rough and transition areas? I'd challenge more greens committee members at parkland courses in the Midwest with wall-to-wall irrigated turf grass to visit the Warren Course in October.
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Carl Rogers

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »
If not for the virus, this course and Stoatin Brae would have been on my to play list on the way from VA to MI.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back