News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Philip Hensley

Is Michael Breed our guy?
« on: April 13, 2019, 03:10:22 PM »
Michael Breed is killing in on the Featured Group coverage, talking about course design, strategy, etc.

I've noticed the same the last couple of years when he has been covering the Masters.

Does anyone know if he is into GCA, or does he just know a lot about the National because of his time working there?

Adam_Messix

Re: Is Michael Breed our guy?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
Michael Breed was an assistant pro at ANGC for Bob Kletcke and Dave Spencer.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 04:51:30 PM »
Michael was the golf pro at Sunningdale CC in NY when Mike DeVries and I started working wi the club. He definitely is into GCA, and has a ton of positive energy to capture people with his discussions. Good guy....
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tommy Naccarato

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:24:29 PM »
Crazy Joe, Sorry to rain on your parade of steaming hot man-love, (🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂) but Breed claimed during the telecast that Dr. Alister MacKenzie was inspired by Seth Raynor & CB Macdonald for the sloping fairway on #14. 

Really?

That sounds like it came from an assistant pro at Sunny! Lol!

Joe Hancock

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 12:38:56 AM »
Crazy Joe, Sorry to rain on your parade of steaming hot man-love, (🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂) but Breed claimed during the telecast that Dr. Alister MacKenzie was inspired by Seth Raynor & CB Macdonald for the sloping fairway on #14. 

Really?

Tommy,

You’ll be happy to know that my lack of fear of being wrong has allowed me to still be into golf course architecture. I didn’t hear his comments, but even if he’s wrong from time to time, he can still draw people in.
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Eric Smith

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 07:04:39 AM »
He definitely is into GCA, and has a ton of positive energy to capture people with his discussions. Good guy....

Yep, count me as a fan.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 03:46:54 PM »
His brother was behind the renovation at Independence that stands as a model for improving pace of play.

Hoping Lester sees this and can chime in regarding M. Breed's involvement, if any.

WW

Tommy Naccarato

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 12:59:59 PM »

Really?

Tommy,

You’ll be happy to know that my lack of fear of being wrong has allowed me to still be into golf course architecture. I didn’t hear his comments, but even if he’s wrong from time to time, he can still draw people in.

Joe, I gave to respectfully disagree in terms of just “bringing them in”

People can be like sponges and absorb factually incorrect information that becomes fact by the un-counted masses.  Soon, nothing is accurate or factual. 

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 09:58:21 AM »
Why is it so outrageous that Alister MacKenzie could have been inspired by something Charles Blair Macdonald and Seth Raynor did?

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back