News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Does This Guy Belong As A Contributor?
« on: June 30, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Dan Herrmann

Re: Does This Guy Belong As A Contributor?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:42:11 PM »
Great story Ron.  On the face of it, it seems like a tragedy, and I hope the truth comes out.  I'm really glad he uses his artistic talents, and hope he gets to see a real course before he dies.

Little story - I was an alternate on a jury - charge was dealing drugs and assorted other felonies.  I had holes all over the prosecution's case - the police work was shoddy and the evidence didn't add up.  I hated the fact that as an alternate I couldn't say anything, and I was excused after final arguments.  My peers found the defendant guilty, but I'm telling you, I would've championed his case big time in deliberations. 

That said, I love his artwork and wish him the best.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 09:31:06 PM »

Dixon was released from prison, conviction vacated. Story at: http://awfulannouncing.com/golf/valentino-dixon-murder-conviction-27-years-jail-golf-digest.html

The story by Golf Digest brought his case forward to the point an innocence project took up the case.

A link to his golf art (for sale) https://valentinogallery.com/product-category/golf-prints/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:44:14 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Peter Flory

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 01:20:01 PM »
It's pretty amazing to think that if he had picked a different hobby to occupy his time with in prison, he'd still be there.

Mark Fedeli

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 01:39:53 PM »
I've been trying to buy a print on his site but there are technical difficulties with getting payment to go through with the paypal/credit card option. Has anyone else had luck?
South Jersey to Brooklyn. @marrrkfedeli

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back