News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Duncan Cheslett

Re: Playing Ganton
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »
For me, the obvious courses to couple Ganton with are Alwoodley and Moortown. Stay in York and all three are an easy 30-40 minute drive on excellent roads. For the uninitiated Alwoodley and Moortown are next to each other in the same neighbourhood of Leeds.

York is a total delight. A couple of nights there with a long day at Ganton coupled with a trip to Leeds would make for a splendid golf break.

A BUDA even?!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:36:34 PM by Duncan Cheslett »

Jim Hoak

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 03:40:22 PM »
How about a neighboring course that I know nothing about--called, I believe, Harrogate?

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 05:24:07 PM »

Jim,

Pannal is one of the Harrogate courses which has a very good pedigree and Oakdale is a course that I always enjoyed playing too. Harrogate itself is a lovely place but if I was coming in from outside Yorkshire then I would suggest that York is the place to stay if you can get near or in the old town. If staying in York then I would suggest Fulford and Strensil as the obvious choice for staying local neither of which seem to get any mentions on here even from Sean A. Although with Leeds so close and both Alwoodley, Moortown and recently threaded Sandmoor on the nearside they could be a good choice to.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back