News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

9 Suggestions to make golf better..
« on: June 29, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »
A few you've heard before, a couple of clunkers, and a couple of interesting ones...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/9-suggestions-game-golf-better-124252621.html

Thoughts??

Chris Wegner

Re: 9 Suggestions to make golf better..
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:51:38 PM »
Free Handicaps.

The charge for handicaps drives me nuts as a PGA professional. If it isn't free spin it into a USGA membership. I would imagine 90% of those holding handicaps never play in state of national tournaments. Fund State Golf Associations from player/tournament fees.

Having a handicap and being able to compete on a level playing ground with other players in my group is what makes golf great.

Just another aspect of golf we make difficult for the player.

Dave McCollum

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »
OK with 1,2,3 (on tour), 5, & 9.  The rest, don't really care. 

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 08:10:56 PM »
If you want to make golf better quit reading and posting links to people who get paid to write about golf. They only serve themselves. The guy in this post wants a father/son championship only so he can ride the coattails of his son who is talented through no fault of genetics.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 08:18:16 PM »
We should celebrate those who could write a great novel but have chosen instead to live a great life.

Dave McCollum

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 04:10:32 PM »
Good point JK, but in GVS's case, if I recall correctly back in the day he was good enough to enter US Open qualifying.  What's that take?  A 1.4 HC or so?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 08:02:21 PM »
Free Handicaps.

The charge for handicaps drives me nuts as a PGA professional. If it isn't free spin it into a USGA membership. I would imagine 90% of those holding handicaps never play in state of national tournaments. Fund State Golf Associations from player/tournament fees.

Having a handicap and being able to compete on a level playing ground with other players in my group is what makes golf great.

At my club we charge a fee that provides free range balls and handicap service.  I'm okay with that. 

Mac Plumart

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 07:51:51 PM »
The article seems to be talking about golf on tv.

But I don't really care about that. I just care about when I play.

The key to maximizing the fun of that is simply playing with that right people.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Greg Chambers

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 10:04:38 PM »
Free Handicaps.

At my club we charge a fee that provides free range balls and handicap service.  I'm okay with that.

If you're charging a fee, then the range balls and handicap aren't really free, right?  Or am I missing something?
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

Paul Jones

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 10:24:43 AM »
Free Handicaps.

If you're charging a fee, then the range balls and handicap aren't really free, right?  Or am I missing something?

That is similar to getting "Free Oil Changes" when you buy a car.  You are paying for it one way or another.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back