News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BHoover

Re: GCA Canada-USA Challenge: Is there call for one (or two?)
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »
Pat -- If you're still carrying a blackberry, you can be on my team for sure!  I'd be happy to do this in London or Toronto.  Both are easy for me.

Do you also refuse to wear any and all synthetic performance fabrics?  8)

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 04:46:58 PM »

Great idea! Speaking from the west coast, north side of the border, I would be more than pleased to participate and even help organize such an event. The problem would be that so far as I am aware, Sandy Smith and I are the only GCAers in this area now that Mr. MacEwan has left for Ottawa.

Also, considering the state of my game the last few years, I would be placing too much pressure on Sandy to play well.

The Vancouver area is much closer to the west coast communities in the U.S. (even Southern California) than it is to the Canadian "midwest", ie. Toronto area and thereabouts, so the Kings Putter will have to suffice out here for now.

Someday, Cabot!

Matt Bosela

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 04:04:37 PM »
Ron,

Assuming the date(s) work, I'd definitely be in to defend Canada's hono(u)r once again.

Like John K, I've often wondered why we haven't had an organized GCA event at Cabot and have even considered contacting Ben and Ran to suggest as much and help organize.  Time hasn't been on my side to take the reins on this but I can only imagine how great an event it would be, with two world-class courses onsite and a third (Highlands Links) a leisurely and scenic drive away.

A Ryder Cup style, Canada vs. USA (or a variation if the numbers don't match up and to allow international competitors) biennial or quadrennial event would be pretty cool.

JJShanley

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 12:00:06 AM »
As a Scoto-Brit, with a strong Irish identity, now living in the U.S., but who enjoyed his time both in Quebec City, but also a Tim Horton's in central Michigan, I'd consider sponsoring the Shanley Cup for such an event.  It'd be a pewter quaich. 

PCCraig

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »
Pat -- If you're still carrying a blackberry, you can be on my team for sure!  I'd be happy to do this in London or Toronto.  Both are easy for me.

Do you also refuse to wear any and all synthetic performance fabrics?  8)

Brian, we've been over this...  ;D

I perform just fine without your synthetic fabrics, thank you...  ;)
H.P.S.

Peter Pallotta

Re: GCA Canada-USA Challenge: Is there call for one (or two?) New
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:14 PM »
I almost don't want to know, but is 'synthetic performance fabrics' some type of *code* amongst yourselves for a dark incident or tawdry secret that you share from the past?

I mean, synthetic performance fabrics are bad enough all on their own, so I can't even imagine the twisted sickness they might be a 'symbol' for....

:)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:06:47 PM by Peter Pallotta »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back