News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Re: Photo Tour - Chambers Bay - US Open Edition - 18th Hole!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2015, 12:34:03 AM »
Brent,
Watching re-broadcast of Jordan Speith. He said there is about an effective  5-6 yard wide area, otherwise your drive will end up in the right edge diagonal bunker.

Richard Choi

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2015, 12:42:49 AM »
That is only if you are trying to avoid the right bunker while landing around where the second left bunker is. He could have hit a 3-wood short of the right bunker and have about 220 to the green.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 04:20:20 AM »
Richard

I've never wanted to play a course so much after having watched in on TV. If I ever come to play Chambers Bay (from the UK) I shall definitely be asking you to come along. Your hole commentaries are magnificent.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth

Ben Attwood

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2015, 05:38:59 AM »
Yes I should think Richard could set up Chambers bay guide business just for GCAers who will be visiting post tournament.

Richard Choi

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 03:34:20 PM »
I am available as a caddie for any GCA'er. Just give me a ring.

This maybe the first time that a player wins the tournament with the birdie at the 18th.

The tee is moved up a bit and the pin is in the middle back, which should be accessible with long irons and hybrids. We may even see an eagle late.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back