News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: TOP 20 COURSES YOU WOULD RECOMMEND TO GOOD GOLFING MATES
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 06:32:25 AM »
 Bart

Was the work a Touquet finished when you played?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Bart Bradley

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 11:33:40 AM »
Yes Sean.

Was there 3 weeks ago.  I really enjoyed Le Touquet.  Interesting greens, nice land movement, wonderful walk, firm turf...all good stuff.  From what I can gather, most of the changes have been on the back nine.  It was my first visit but I liked what I saw.

Bart

BCowan

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
Timuquana
Flossmoor
Meadowbrook
Old Town
Moraine
Canton Brookside
Greywalls

Thomas Dai

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »
I'm thinking just UK&I here. Some usual suspects plus my personal favourite gems are included, no course is in the list though that's held the men's or ladies Open/Amateur or the Ryder/Walker/Curtis Cups or a significant pro event, and with one exception (*), I don't think any of these have -

From north to south plus Ireland  -

Brora - cracking links, sheep and cattle
Golspie - a wee gem, three types of course in one round
Cruden Bay - once played never forgotten
Himalayas at St Andrews - pretty unique and great fun
North Berwick - play, observe, learn
Royal West Norfolk - yee olde
Beau Desert - heathland gem, better than gem in fact, and cheaper than famous west of London heathlands
Painswick - crazy quirk and more crazy quirk
Minchinhampton Old - yee olde, cattle and horses, to prove you don't need sand bunkers
Kington - top of the English golfing world, great greens, views west into Wales
Tadmarton Heath - lovely shortish, tight heathland, wonderful cakes and pies
Perranporth - once played, never forgotten
RND/Westward Ho! - yee olde, sheep and cattle
Carne - all 27-holes - serenity and tranquillity plus great golf all nearly at the end of the the world (well, ish!)
Dooks - Delightful links
All the best

Additions -
Mulranny - wonderful, scenic rural 9-holes with cattle and fences around the greens
Pennard - unique rustic, scenic, quirky links. Best test of golf in Wales?
Annesley at Royal County Down - tight links, short on the card, lots of fun
Welshpool - James Braid in Mid-Wales. Hill-top with sheep and stunning views.

Atb

Ryan Coles

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2017, 04:14:51 PM »
I'd recommmend a 3 day trip to play Broadstone, Parkstone, Ferndown, Remedy Oak and Isle of purbeck.

David Davis

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2017, 04:41:02 PM »
Ok gents, I'd recommend a trip to The Netherlands to see:

Utrechtse de Pan
Royal Hague
Hilversumsche Golf Club
Eindhovensche Golf Club
Kennemer Golf Club
Noordwijkse Golf Club

The first two are World Top 100 and have realized their near full potential in the last 3 years. Yes, after I hosted the BUDA. De Pan, Royal Hague and Hilversumsche Golf Club were the fasted and firmest courses I've seen all year and get this...that includes my trip to OZ.

The last few years they have stopped overwatering the first 4 in that list and that makes that group better than any of the new recommendations I've read here (with the exception of Old Town which is bloody brilliant.)
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Sean_A

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2017, 03:51:43 AM »
Yes Sean.

Was there 3 weeks ago.  I really enjoyed Le Touquet.  Interesting greens, nice land movement, wonderful walk, firm turf...all good stuff.  From what I can gather, most of the changes have been on the back nine.  It was my first visit but I liked what I saw.

Bart

Cheers Bart

I want to visit that part of France for golf, but wasn't sure how far along the Pontinizing was for the area courses.  He seems to get involved in seriously lengthy projects!

Sam

Ashridge is in a bit of a black hole of English golf, but its architectural pedigree is highly attractive. 

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:56:19 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2017, 01:01:41 AM »
Sean

Based on "fun factor":

TOC
North Berwick
Old Mac
Lost Farm
Paraparaumu
Healesville
Rye
Arrowtown
Royal Worlington & Newmarket
Binningup
Woking
Brora
Narooma
Shepparton
Harewood
Royal Ashdown
Oreti Sands
Windermere
Byron Bay
Musselburgh

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2017, 02:35:29 AM »

I would recommend in Yorkshire from the lesser knowns,

Huddersfield (Fixby)
Ogden
Howley Hall
Strensil York
Fulford York

Up here in the Highlands

Boat of Garten
Grantown on Spey
Abernethy (Nethybridge)
Golspie
Brora
Wick
Brahan

Sam Andrews,

never played Hawick. What is it like?

Jon

Sean Walsh

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2017, 07:21:15 AM »

Port Fairy
Barnbougle Dunes
Lost Farms
Kingston Heath
St Andrews Beach
Barwon Heads
Horsham

TOC
The Eden
Kingsbarns
Brora
Royal Dornoch
North Berwick

County Louth
Lahinch
Carne
Enniscrone
Ballybunion
Ballyliffin Old

Ganton

Whenever I get over there I would expect the two King Island Courses to replace 2 of Horsham, Barwon Heads, Ballyliffin or Enniscrone.

Carl Rogers

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2017, 07:23:15 AM »
I think these lists need to be broken down by which courses an individual can have a reasonable possibility of access.
Shinnecock? National? Fisher's Island? Merion? Old Town?
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Sean Walsh

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:48 AM »

Carl,

Part of the reason Muirfield and Royal Melbourne aren't on my list. You can get access but I didn't feel especially comfortable at either venue. The rest of my list are either public access or as good as.

Niall C

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2017, 01:29:13 PM »
Sean

Let me give you some suggestions that while not world beaters and far from perfect, I think you would find enjoyable and walk away from thinking you had seen something of interest. I also suspect that they are courses you haven’t played.

Along the Moray Firth

Moray Old – hopefully this is on your radar. I’ve tried my best to promote it and a few on here have played it (possibly even you ?). All I can say is that the only reason Ran raved about Fraserburgh is because he hadn’t been to Moray !! Also don’t believe Tom’s 1982 assessment in the CG (Doak 4) it’s far better than that.
Duff House Royal – it’s all about MacKenzie’s greens. It’s a showcase on what to do with a relatively flat site.
Elgin – as close a feel to heathland as you’re likely to get up north. It’s only a par 68 from what I remember but with 10 or 11 holes over 400 yds with some lovely green sites.

Those are the three standouts for me between say Fraserburgh and Nairn. For my money Moray Old is better than Fraserburgh and possibly Nairn but as you know I am biased when it comes to these things (but I’m still right). You might be tempted to play Cullen but in all honesty you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you went by any of them to play Cullen. Strathlene and Buckpool are both nearby and probably better than Cullen.

Perthshire and beyond

A change of pace, some nine holers to savour;

Dalmunzie – reputedly a Tom Simpson layout that traverses some interesting terrain. It has some really good par 3’s however if they ever get an outbreak of myxomatosis then the basic greenkeeping is bound to suffer.
Strathtay – a blend of charming, challenging, a nice walk in the park and some hilly climbs. Another course with a rustic maintenance regime.
Comrie – some good challenging golf that is also good fun. Yes, its up the side of a mountain but doesn’t have any killer climbs.
Killin – as recommended by Tom D. Fun, interesting and plays over a rollercoaster landscape.
Blairgowrie Wee Course – not the longest in truth but has some cracking holes. Well worth playing as an add on to either Rosemount or Landsdowne.

more to follow………

Niall

Garland Bayley

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2017, 05:33:07 PM »
Niall,

You mention Fraserburgh, Cullen, and Moray Old. Along that coast line, and continuing to Golspie/Brora, what do you recommend seeing as top six, and for those with a little more time, top dozen?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Matt Frey, PGA

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
The list below isn't strictly a list of my favorite courses. In fact, there are many on my favorites list that do not appear below. However, I have compiled a list of courses, that I have played, that I would strongly suggest for my buddies to visit and play, whether it be for the historical significance, architectural significance, or what I'll call their "fun factors."  The list is in alphabetical order below. I have also posted one picture of each course below the text, to keep the flow moving.

Atlantic City
Northfield, New Jersey
This course one I refer to a lot when looking for examples of great golf courses that are just plain fun. While it only stretches to 6,577 yards, it still presents plenty of challenges, specifically on the greens. However, the truly great things about this design, in my opinion, are the options it provides golfers. You do not have to hit every fairway to have a decent shot at the green and you don’t have to hit every green to have a reasonable chance at par. It’s a fairly wide golf course that sits on the Lakes Bay, right across from Atlantic City, so wind is a constant factor here, which makes playing it all that much more enjoyable.

Ausable
St. Huberts, New York
One of the oldest courses in the country from what I understand; opened in 1888. It's a fun golf courses that presents plenty of options to the golfer. The setting of the course is unrivaled, as the club sits in a valley in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks, in the shadow of Giant Mountain, Mount Marcy and Algonquin Peak.

Berkshire
Reading, Pennsylvania
A Willie Park Jr. gem! The course is very fun and has undergone (undergoing?) recent restoration work by Forse / Nagle. The greens are truly special and offer plenty of movement, as do the fairways; golfers will benefit by using local knowledge. The course also features "dueling par-3s" of sorts, and the two look and play very differently.

Engineers
Roslyn Harbor, New York
This original 1917 Herbert Strong design has been touched by a handful of different architects, including Devereaux Emmet and most recently Gil Hanse. The greens here are some of the strongest, most fun, and yet, most challenging that I have played on. The first green is all-world and the subsequents are wonderful and present their own unique traits and challenges; there is not a weak green on the course. There is a mix of long and short holes that all use the terrain beautifully. There is an extra par-3, to take place of the 122-yard "two or twenty" hole on certain days. 

Hay Harbor
Fishers Island, New York
"The Little Club" as the Fishers Island residents refer to this facility is another oldie but goodie. Built in I believe 1898 by George Strath, this course has the "simple, old-world" feel is a blast to play, especially when firm and fast, and its setting is quite amazing, right on the Block Island Sound off of Fishers Island, New York. The island of course is only accessible by ferry or aircraft, which adds to its mystique. While many golfers frequently discuss Hay Harbor’s second hole, my favorite hole is No. 5, an uphill 407-yard par-4 with strategically-placed bunkers, original old-school mounding, a Skyline green, false front and an impressive view of the water.

Hyde Park
Cincinnati, Ohio
Until recent years, this course didn’t get a ton of attention in the Cincinnati area. However, Hyde Park deserves its recent attention and more. I am not sure how much of Thomas Bendelow’s work is left (1909) as Donald Ross worked on the course a bit later. However, the existing course does a masterful job of using the land, as is wonderful, natural movement in the fairways and throughout the course that come into play strategically on more than a few occasions. The greens too are very special and depending on where the hole is located can present both very fun and very challenging approaches and putts. As I understand it, the club has been working through a restoration process / master plan of sorts for several years, if it hasn’t been completed already.

Lake Placid – Links
Lake Placid, New York
Lake Placid Club's Links Course was laid out by Seymour Dunn, who was the longtime pro there, and was restored by Graham Cooke. I found the course to be very fun and it presented challenges for all types of players. It's definitely an "old-school" design and I loved every minute of it. The course sits in a valley in the village of Lake Placid and offers views of the High Peaks region and even the 1980 Winter Olympics’ ski jumps.

Lederach
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Kelly Blake Moran built this municipal golf course in the mid-2000s and it is fun, fun, fun! I found the green complexes to be the highlight of the course as they all present the golfers with many different shot options as many have large shaved areas around the putting surfaces. This allows golfers to pitch with a lofted club, chip with mid- or long irons, hybrids or fairway woods, or even putt from well off the green. In a metro area that has plenty of great courses, this is one that shouldn’t be overlooked, especially when considering its fun factor.

Maketewah
Cincinnati, Ohio
Maketewah is another golf course gem in Cincinnati that was also originally laid out by Bendelow and worked on by Ross. I have not visited the facility since its recent bunker work, but it looks better than it even did before. This course also offers a good mix of long and short holes with tremendous greens. No. 17 is a very fun short par-4, while No. 13 is a very difficult, long par-4 that gives golfers the sensation they’re playing up the side of a mountain. No. 8 is my personal favorite, as it’s green is spectacular, with a tremendous back to front slope, and interesting movement throughout. Maketewah also has some unique features in regards to the order of it’s holes: back-to-back par-5s (Nos. 14 and 15) and par-3s for both No. 9 and No. 18, of which, both play very differently.

Manufacturers’
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
The first thing many people refer to when discussing Manufacturers’ is its famous incline on its 18th hole, or perhaps its famed locker room showers. While the incline is certainly unique and fun to ride and the showers are magnificent, they do not outshine this course, located in the suburbs of Philadelphia. As a 1925 William Flynn layout, this course used its existing terrain remarkably. There are incredibly fun par-3s, par-4s and par-5s, all with variety in their own right. The course also uses two old quarries incredibly, on the short, 117-yard par-3 8th and the longish 430-yard par-4 16th. No. 18 has two greens: the original, as I understand it, sits atop the massive hill and a second, built later, is down below, where golfers board the incline. The use of the upper green makes No. 18 a par-5, as opposed to a par-4 when the lower green is in use. As a side note, Manufacturers’ is located right across the street from Lulu, a famed Ross design.

North Hills
North Hills, Pennsylvania
Not a ton of people may be all that familiar with Frank Meehan’s work, but North Hills gives plenty of reason to justify further study. Perhaps this club is sometimes overlooked for its proximity to more well-known Philadelphia courses (Manufacturers’, Lulu, Huntingdon Valley, Philadelphia Cricket, and Whitmarsh Valley are all within five driving miles), but it shouldn’t be, as I find it to be a very strong and fun golf course. From the fairways and tees, the greens appear to be understated, but make no mistake: They present incredible challenges, and I mean that in a very good way. The course sits on an interesting plot of land, almost an “H” shape, and I believe its routing hasn’t changed since it was built. Additionally, the property is in a very well-kept middle class neighborhood and could remind folks of what the stereotypical “American dream” looks like.

Philmont – North
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Like North Hills, Philmont North is perhaps overlooked due to its proximity to a terrific and challenging William Flynn, Huntingdon Valley. However, just because Philmont's North Course ’s a mere few miles from HVGC, doesn’t mean they are at all similar. The North Course is a Willie Park Jr. design (not a Flynn as some have previously thought) and this is even more evident with the club’s recent restoration work, particularly on its greens. Like Berkshire, the greens are the true highlight on the North Course, but it also offers plenty of other interesting bits, including its near-horseshoe shaped ninth hole and its cluster of four par-3s that are laid out very near to each other, but yet present unique challenges. s

Pittsburgh Field
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Similar to Manufacturers’ and its incline near Philadelphia, Pittsburgh’s Field Club is well-known for its elevator that golfers may take from the 17th green to the 18th tee. To differ from the rise from 17 to 18, the drop from No. 1’s tee to fairway is incredible, yet not so steep that golfers may not walk down safely or efficiently. This course has tremendous movement in its fairways, as evidenced most clearly on No. 9, perhaps my favorite hole on the course. Additionally, Field Club offers great short par-4s, like No. 2, as well as long par-4s, like Nos. 8 and 12. Side note: The elevator is perfectly safe, but I must admit, I became a little stressed on the ride up!

Pocono Manor
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
I believe the first several holes at Pocono Manor were laid out by H.H. Barker and Samuel Allen in 1911, and the rest were added by none other than William Flynn at a later date. Pocono Manor, which sits on top of a mountain in Northeast Pennsylvania, has no fairway irrigation, and trust me when I say, that’s a great thing! To play this course when it’s firm and fast is an absolute joy. While many will surely speak about its incredibly short par-3 seventh hole (77 yards on the card, playing to an effective yardage of 45 yards as I recall, due to the severe drop from tee to green), I fell in love with Nos. 9-15. These holes again use the terrain perfectly, and surprisingly, do not use one sand bunker through this stretch (in fact, most of the holes on the course do not have sand bunkers). Instead, Flynn used piles of rock and stone from the construction and used them strategically in the designs of the holes. It may not sound like much, but they get the golfers’ attention and require skill and creativity to escape if found.

Rolling Green
Springfield, Pennsylvania
Rolling Green attracted some national attention recently by hosting the 2016 U.S. Women’s Amateur, a tournament which featured an electric final match. Rolling Green, while certainly challenging, is in my opinion, an absolute blast to play. Additionally, there is a hole that alternates par, depending on which tee the golfer is playing. From the back tees, the "Black" tees in their case, No. 18 plays as a par-4 at 493 yards, making the course a par-70. From the next set of tees, the "Blue" tees, No. 18 plays as a 527-yard par-5 with a course par of 71. I have not played Rolling Green from the Black tees as I try not to torture myself with long irons and fairway wood approaches on most holes, but I can say that playing No. 18 from the Blue tees is very fun.

Scranton – Old
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
The greens, the greens, the green! Scranton’s greens are incredibly good and some of the very best I have ever played on personally. The original Walter Travis greens (I believe 15 remain original) are something to see! They are very bold, but fair and fun. The movement is wonderful, both in the interior of the greens as well as around their edges. Scranton has been going through an Oakmont-like restoration for a number of years now including expanding greens to their original sizes and opening up the course from the clutter of trees, and while I never had the opportunity to see the course pre-restoration, I understand it’s a night and day difference, to the positive. While I cannot speak to this myself as I have not played some of the “biggies” in the Philadelphia area, some folks on this site have said that Scranton is a top-three course in the Golf Association of Philadelphia and have even suggested that they have the second-best set of greens in the entire state of Pennsylvania.

Somerset Hills
Bernardsville, New Jersey
Somerset Hills was the first Golden Age design I had the opportunity to play and it blew my mind. I was fortunate to play on a Monday with a group of caddies in 2008, prior to a lot of the recent Hanse restoration work. The caddies were great fellas and taught me a lot about the course. The greens were unlike anything I had ever seen, as was the approaches; the club seems to keep the turf healthy, firm and fast to allow different shot types on shots into the green. Furthermore, I find the essence of the front nine and back nine to be not only unique but impressive. The front nine was built on an old race track, of which was incorporated into the design that you can still identify today, where as the back nine takes golfers through a wonderful journey through more wooded terrain, but it never has a claustrophobic feel.

St. George’s
East Setauket, New York
As a good friend of mine recently said, “If you get the opportunity to play St. George’s, don’t walk…run!” I echo his suggestion. Long Island’s St. George’s is so much fun to play and offers terrific greens and beautiful bunkers throughout. While the course’s back tees only stretch to 6,232 yards, it doesn’t play that short and certainly has a “big league” feel to it, as I am sure was Devereux Emmet’s intention.

Stonewall – North
Elverson, Pennsylvania
When folks think about Stonewall, more often than not they think about its Old Course. However, the North Course, or “the Udder Course,” as some affectionately refer to it (a play on words based off of its dairy cow logo), is one of my absolute favorite courses to play because it's so darn fun! There are more well-known courses in the Philly area, and one could argue that there are better designs, but regardless, this is one of my favorites. It's so much fun. While each hole definitely presents their own challenges, each has seemingly has a "risk-reward" aspect to its design. And the greens are very special too! So much fun. The North Corse is truly one of those courses I could play every day and never get bored.

Sunnehanna
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Home to the famous Sunnehanna Amateur, this course is another historic, yet incredibly fun golf course. There are many things A.W. Tillinghast did right here: Skyline greens, a Reverse Redan, a Double Dogleg, use of the land and bunkering. The design certainly lends itself to a firm setup; a few holes play easiest when bouncing / rolling the ball onto the green (Nos. 3, 4, and especially 7 come to mind, among others). I really enjoyed the par 3s. My favorite hole may have been No. 7, where the play was to hit a couple of clubs less than the actual yardage by hitting just over a soon-to-be-resored bunker that's situated maybe 25-30 yards short of the green surface and let the ball bound onto towards the hole. What's even better is that while the course could easily "bite" you if you're not careful or don't think through the hole designs, it's very playable. That is something that other courses and clubs should emulate; it will only help their membership enrollment.

#####

PHOTOS

#####

Atlantic City

Ausable

Berkshire (Photo: The Bausch Collection at MyPhillyGolf.com)

Engineers (Photo: The Bausch Collection at MyPhillyGolf.com)

Hay Harbor

Hyde Park

Lake Placid - Links

Lederach (Photo: The Bausch Collection at MyPhillyGolf.com)

Maketewah (Photo: The Bausch Collection at MyPhillyGolf.com)

Manufacturers'

North Hills

Philmont - North (Photo: The Bausch Collection at MyPhillyGolf.com)

Pittsburgh Field

Pocono Manor

Rolling Green

Scranton - Old (Photo: The Bausch Collection at MyPhillyGolf.com)

Somerset Hills (Photo: The Bausch Collection at MyPhillyGolf.com)

St. George's

Stonewall - North

Sunnehanna (Photo: The Bausch Collection at MyPhillyGolf.com)

jeffwarne

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »
Favorites I have sent people to that might not be known by someone on a first trip to an area (hard to narrow down just 20!-so 22)
US

Palmetto
Sleepy Hollow
Cape Arundel
Eastward Ho
Kittansett
Kebo Valley
Apawamis
St Georges (LI)
Southampton
Engineers
Yeaman's Hall

overseas
Pennard
Aberdovey
Brora
Perranporth
Deal
Portsalon
Northwest
Dooks
Mahoney's Point(Killarney)
The Island
Formby

If i was with them the list would be expanded to see the real hidden gems-Goat Hill, Connemara Isles, Otway, Mulranny, Traigh, Cruit and the rest of the fun 9 holers

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:50:10 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

RichMacafee

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2017, 11:37:08 PM »
First 19 were pretty easy of the courses I've played;

Prestwick
North Berwick
The Old Course
Deal
Royal St Georges
Rye
Royal Dornoch
Royal Portrush
Royal County Down

Woking
Sunningdale Old
Swinley Forest

Royal Melbourne West
Barnbougle Dunes
Barnbougle Lost Farm
Royal Melbourne East
Kingston Heath

Oakmont
Cal Club

#20 could be one of many many courses, but for pure fun I have great memories of going around and around the pitch and putt in front of the Turnberry Hotel in shorts and flip flops and beers in hand.
"The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf. It's almost law" H.G.Wells.

Sean_A

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2017, 05:58:02 AM »
Matt

Thanks for the informative post.  I wonder if Lederach is lost in the Philly Shuffle of great courses?  It is exactly the sort of course one should see as a break from the parade.

Ciao

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2017, 06:26:13 AM »
Favorites I have sent people to that might not be known by someone on a first trip to an area (hard to narrow down just 20!-so 22)

If i was with them the list would be expanded to see the real hidden gems-Goat Hill, Connemara Isles, Otway, Mulranny, Traigh, Cruit and the rest of the fun 9 holers

http://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/connemara-isles

Yet another! I have a loose plan to visit Clifden and Westport and revist Mulraney, this fits nicely.  Thanks Jeff.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Matt Frey, PGA

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »
Matt

Thanks for the informative post.  I wonder if Lederach is lost in the Philly Shuffle of great courses?  It is exactly the sort of course one should see as a break from the parade.

Ciao

Sean: Lederach does gets lost in the shuffle. Are there better courses in the area? Definitely, but that doesn't make Lederach a bad course or not worthy of someone's time to see and play.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back