News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Re: Golf In Australia by Matt Cohn is posted...
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 11:36:44 AM »
Matt,

I reckon you've put together a wonderfully composed and written piece of work with fine photographs. I've really enjoyed reading and thinking about what you've written.

Not only does your piece make thought provoking reading but your style of writing and phrasing are terrific. Phrases like "the rough is thin and inconsistant, to where one loses control, not distance.", "Firm and fast. The ball bounces and barely makes dents, let alone ballmarks." and "didn't seem to concerned with peripheral areas" describes things beautifully. Phrases like this should also be used to describe many classic links and heathland courses in other countries, at least they could if some clubs hadn't gone crazy for the colour 'green' over the last few decades.

Mind you I'm biased. I dislike heavily watered golf and love it firm and fast and bouncy to the extent that I pretty much reckon that the worst things to happen to golf in the last few decades are automatic sprinkler systems, ride on green-mowers and especially colour TV......and before a lightning strike hits me, yes I do appreciate that different regions of the globe have different native grasses and that golf on grass in many places does need water, but let's face it, there aren't many places hotter and drier than Aussie, so if they can do it...........

Once again, a super piece of writing.
All the best

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back