News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Re: Water Hazards on Links Courses?
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
Sean - gravel was extracted at Rye, my criticism of the 11th is lack of definition from the tee, basically I never have an idea on the line or distance required.
Cave Nil Vino

Mark Pearce

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 07:38:16 AM »
Sean - gravel was extracted at Rye, my criticism of the 11th is lack of definition from the tee, basically I never have an idea on the line or distance required.
Which some might say was a good thing?

In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Niall C

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »
I always liked the burns at Western Gailles and Sligo for how they were made visible.

What I loved about the burn on the par 3 at Sligo was the way it ran hard BEHIND the green rather than in front. On a fast running links and a hole of a decent length, which I think that hole is, its a feature thats quite daunting. Dare you hit the ball hard enough to get it upto the hole and risk going in the burn.

I've only seen it twice since, on a long par 3 at Cullen played from an elevated tee and again on a good length (190 yards ?) par 3 at Hopeman.

Niall

Sean_A

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 05:04:40 PM »

Chappers

Isn't a cape hole about picking your line and distance?  The definition stsrikes me as quite clear - water right and gorse left.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back