News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve D

Scotland trip questions
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
This may be a little ridiculous but I'm already planning for an August 2012 trip to Scotland.  It is not a true golf trip so the golf is going to be a short part of the trip.  We are going to have only two full days of golf.  For one of them we would like to try to do the traditional day at Muirfield with the lunch and afternoon alternate shot.  Does anyone know if this can be booked through the website?  It didn't look like there were any afternoon tee times available through their online booking system.  Does anyone know how early I'll be able to book a tee time on the Muirfied website for August 2012?  It looks like they are taking reservations for June 2012 right now.  Does that mean that August 2012 will be available in the next 2 months?

We are also are going to try to play The Old Course.  Is it impossible to play 36 on a single day at TOC?  The packagers and the ballot system all indicate that for each round on TOC one of the other Links Trust courses must be played.  If we play with a member or have our tee times arranged by a member of a club with priority at TOC is it possible to play it twice in one day??  If we book through the ballot system is there an application date for 2012??  I didn't see any info on 2012 on the website.

Sorry if these are basic questions.  No one in our group has ever been over there before and I"m just trying to figure out the lay of the land.

Thanks,
Steve

Gary Slatter

Re: Scotland trip questions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:54:38 PM »
how many golfers in your party?
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Mark Pearce

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »
Steve,

I think Muirfield only books morning times, with golfers wanting to play foursomes in the afternoon going off as and when ready.  The only players playing will be those who played in the morning.  Worth checking this with the club but I'm pretty sure it's the case.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Steve D

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
Gary,

we will either have 3 or 4 in our group.

Mark,

That makes total sense.  I will check with the club and confirm.

Steve

Gary Slatter

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »
Steve, if its 3 or less let me know, it's easier if it's Thursday Old Course and Friday Muirfield as I can intro you to a member.
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back