News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Martin

Re: Seaview/Bay Course improvements...
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 07:39:03 AM »
Course looks really good on TV. The quirky finish-3,4,3,5. 18 provides plenty of drama and Lincicome made a great 4. I really like the A.C. skyline as a backdrop.  

I've spoken to Michael Whan and the President of Stockton College about changing the name of the tourney next year to "The ShopRite Classic at the Executive Course at Seaview Designed by Hugh Wilson".   But perhaps that is too long to fit on the volunteers' apparel.

;)

What about this for a tag line- "Make an executive decision to come see the ladies rumble at the executive course at Seaview".

Joe Bausch

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:48 AM »
Kris,

The attendance on Saturday was decent, but I'd be shocked if it was more than a five thousand.  And lots of young kids were there.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »
Perhaps I'm too much of a cynic but I found the whole thing boring.  The course was really short and the fairways were really wide with not a whole lot of wind.  There were a few mistakes but generally it was very routine with virtually no brilliant recovery shots.  If they want to prove they can play then they should move it a mile down the road and play Galloway - talk about making the robots crazy. Don't get me wrong, I isn't that I don't like watching them play but they need to  be on a challenging course and take the risks and show us duffers how to get up and down from tough situations. 

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »
Seaview Bay rating for men from the tips is 70.1 and slope is 122.

It was interesting to watch them play on a "different" course.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back