News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott_Burroughs

Re: Aerial of the Day #23 (and 24) - 15 Feb 2002
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2002, 01:19:16 PM »
Dan,
I addressed that issue in the first or one of the first aerials I posted.  MapQuest.com says that the aerials provided by GlobeExplorer may be copied freely as long as it's for personal use only, not for business/profit use.  I ain't making any money off this.  I try to keep at least one of GlobeExplorer's logos on the aerials, though I think I've missed a few in the name of saving disk space.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2002, 01:22:51 PM »
I have now completed my 3rd move in four months, as planned. I live in Farmington up on a mesa and am very content with future prospects.
To the course:
Notice the green shapes, in general they are predominatly clover shaped and have wonderful undulations which forces imagination to be at a premium and discretion, the better part of valor. At the moment the course is playing like the oldest of courses prior to irragation. FIRM and Fast. The aerial dosen't show the elevation changes or the excessive movement the course has. And was difficult to visualize and comprerhend because of that road running down the bottom of pix is up on a big hill and is not a recognizable landmark.

If you look at the very bottom you see the third hole playing towards the bottom and the short par 3 (all downhill) 4th plays to the right. Then a walk up the hill to the fifth tee box. I'd like to tell you that there was recent talk by the head pro of changing this hole. He wants to extend the grass area short and right of the green because that huge bunker is reaking havoc with peoples scores. As justifications go I am slightly leery. I think bringing down the grass-line will prevent the first timer from actually seeing the cut of the bunker from the tee. It will change the hole fundementally because one of the coolest features is the misdirection or almost illusion the hole holds mostly due to the huge arroyo that is in front of the green complex. I have thought that the gold and blue tees could be moved closer to the 4th green and cause a blind tee shot to the upper fairway.

Travis_Hood

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2002, 03:32:54 PM »
The photo on top is an older picture.  The 16th green was reconfigured in 2000.  There are several bunkers that appear to have been moved as well.  Jack's always tinkering.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back