News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Donnie Beck

Re: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 09:50:42 PM »
Tee Shot

Kirk Gill

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »
Jeezle Peezle, what great shots.

Thankee kindly.
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 10:39:53 PM »
Ben, I would say the 5th at New South Wales is a similar approach.. of course it is Eric Apperly's green though.

NF

The 5th at NSW is much more severe though I love both holes.

I think the removal of the fronting left bunker works a treat and the fall off to the bunkers makes it a very testing approach.

Brad Swanson

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 11:16:15 PM »
Wow!  Long Island Golf is unbelievably special, but Fishers Island strikes me as if it exists in another dimension.  I'd almost expect to bump into John Locke or Ben Linus while strolling around the course on a foggy day.

I love the side shot of the double plateau green, Donnie.  The back section looks rather harmless from straight on, but the side view says otherwise.  Thanks a bunch.

Cheers,
Brad
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:17:53 PM by Brad Swanson »

Mike Cirba

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 06:40:41 AM »
Holy Cow, Donnie.

Those are heavenly pictures.

George Freeman

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 07:42:28 AM »
Wow...what an awesome looking hole.  The shot from the middle of the fairway looking at that green with the ocean in the background is pure ecstasy.  Throw in the shots of the green which depict the three distinct tiers and hidden/back bunkers and I am at a loss for words.  Then when I think it can't get any better, out comes a shot of the drive, which is blind up and over a hill.  I need to sit down.

Thanks for the pics everyone; they are fantastic.

How big is that back tier (it does not look that big)?  If you're going to run a shot back there it appears that you need to be REALLY accurate as to not roll into that big bunker back left or off the back...

Looks like the only way to get to that front right tier would be to land it short and roll it in, correct?  How cool...

Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Noel Freeman

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
Wow...what an awesome looking hole.  The shot from the middle of the fairway looking at that green with the ocean in the background is pure ecstasy.  Throw in the shots of the green which depict the three distinct tiers and hidden/back bunkers and I am at a loss for words.  Then when I think it can't get any better, out comes a shot of the drive, which is blind up and over a hill.  I need to sit down.

How big is that back tier (it does not look that big)?  If you're going to run a shot back there it appears that you need to be REALLY accurate as to not roll into that big bunker back left or off the back...

Looks like the only way to get to that front right tier would be to land it short and roll it in, correct?  How cool...

George- Are you a long lost cousin?

Yes, you need to run it up the slope to get to the back tier.. Over the green could be in a bunker or LI Sound.. there is v. litte room with an approach that lands long.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 08:17:39 AM »
Is part of the concept of the double plateau green that the upper/back section is smaller than the front and if so, are there examples of even smaller back sections?  Also, is part of the concept a severe penalty if the shot goes long?

George Freeman

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »

George- Are you a long lost cousin?

Yes, you need to run it up the slope to get to the back tier.. Over the green could be in a bunker or LI Sound.. there is v. litte room with an approach that lands long.

Noel,

Perhaps!  We should look into that...

Thanks again for the picture and topic.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back