News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Ever read this?
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:30:31 AM »
Google " golf architecture" and this site pops up on top of the list...

SITE

Some excerpts:

"Today, the gathering ground for architecture aficionados is the web discussion board www.GolfClubAtlas.com, where it's common to find, say, 70 messages denouncing the vulgarity of Fazio's redesign of the 7th fairway's bunker on George C. Thomas's classic 1927 Riviera course, where Los Angeles' Nissan Open is played."

"The single best resource for learning about golf course architecture is www.GolfClubAtlas.com."

This article was posted in The American Conservative in '05.

An interesting article.

Is iSteve a member of this discussion group?

Tom Huckaby

Re:Ever read this?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 10:37:28 AM »
As is the case with damn near anything anyone ever suggests, this article has been discussed before.  And Steve Sailer has been a participant here... Current post total says only 4, but that seems odd to me as I sure remember him posting.  He could have been re-set (that is, his log-on deleted and then put back on)... as mine was twice.

TH

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »
I read that article a year or so ago and I thought he did an OK job with it as it pertains to an Introduction to Golf 101 kind of an article.  Very nice pic of Pasa 16 as well.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 08:28:44 PM »
What you do with that is you let your nongolfing wife read it. That way she has an inkling of what you do with your time.
 :D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back