News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

Re: 25 Wins
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2021, 11:53:57 AM »
Yes, I know that I need to pick my charities soon. Glad to almost have lost the wager.

Ira
Ira,
How did this go for you.  Some happy charities I assume come year end.  Double if Dustin gets to 30?

Saudi was European, not PGA. DJ still has one more to go. Covid has changed my charity list a bit.

Ira

Matt Kardash

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »
Also, no one has mentioned that Rory has 18 wins and is only 31 years old. Seems extremely unlikely that he won't get 7 more.
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Matt MacIver

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2021, 10:54:48 PM »
Not to pile on, but does DJ get two Majors?

Have some fun: Brooks get three more?  Rory two?  Speith one?  Reed one. Etc.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2024, 10:42:46 AM »
Well, it took 5 years for me to lose the bet, the purpose of which was to highlight how difficult it is to win on the PGA Tour. Rory got to 25 on Sunday.

I will be adding the National Links Trust and Youth on Course to our roster of charities this year.

Ira

PS Yes, I know Dustin Johnson going to LIV probably lengthened how long it took.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2024, 11:10:05 AM »
Well, it took 5 years for me to lose the bet, the purpose of which was to highlight how difficult it is to win on the PGA Tour. Rory got to 25 on Sunday.

I will be adding the National Links Trust and Youth on Course to our roster of charities this year.

Ira

PS Yes, I know Dustin Johnson going to LIV probably lengthened how long it took.

Ira - I'd be willing to bet that Scottie Scheffler will be the next one to crack 25 wins - unless his wife chooses to go back to work and Scottie becomes a stay-at-home dad... ;-)
Next!

Ira Fishman

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2024, 12:10:35 PM »
Anthony,

I certainly would not bet against Scottie, but I may have felt that way back in 2017 about Jordan Speith. And it took Rory more than a decade on tour to get to 25.

It always has been difficult to win and probably even more so now. These guys are just so good and so competitive.

Ira

Kalen Braley

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2024, 12:15:16 PM »
If you count DJs 3 LIV golf wins, then you already lost this best awhile back.  ;)

Anthony Butler

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2024, 12:42:45 PM »

I certainly would not bet against Scottie, but I may have felt that way back in 2017 about Jordan Speith. And it took Rory more than a decade on tour to get to 25.

Ira - The major difference between Scottie and Jordan is that very few of Scheffler's wins ever feel like an adventure. In fact, quite the opposite. Much like Tiger during his decade-long peak, Scheffler plays to his usual standard and watches as his fellow competitors come unstuck or come up short trying to match him. Unless he loses his newfound confidence on the greens, I can see him getting to 25 wins before he turns 32.

Rory is now on his 15th year on Tour so that's less than 2 wins a year. Still, that's been good enough for a Hall of Fame Career before he turned 30.

Next!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back