News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

Re: Three tiered greens, are any being built
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2002, 10:49:14 AM »
Pat: I played a new public course in my area called Blue Mash and my recollection is that they had at least two greens which were three-tiered.  This is a pure public track and not very pricey but I think Hills' son has a financial interest in it so he seems to have put a little more effort into it.  The green complexes are very intersting and the multi-tiered greens have obvious pin locations.  The problems are twofold in doing this on a public course where you will be having new players on a regular basis: first, you need to be able to communicate to the players how large the greens are and the multi-levels so that the experience of playing the course is not spoiled by some ridiculously long and undulating putts which could have been avoided,i.e. I think you need yardage books or sprinklers which are marked front, middle and back; second, you need to make sure that the person setting the pins understands what he or she is doing and doesn't put the pins on slopes , etc.  These problems would not occur at a private club but public golf is another issue.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back