News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Darren_Kilfara

Re:What's your desktop background?
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2006, 04:23:28 AM »
Am I the only person here *not* to have a golf course image as my desktop background? I have a picture of me and my two brothers, taken at my brother's wedding. (That said, for a long time I used the same NSW screensaver cited by James B., although at the moment I'm using something more generic.)

Cheers,
Darren

Gene Greco

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2006, 07:04:25 AM »
 That's actually a very funny post, Darren.

You mean to tell us that your brother's wedding WASN'T at a golf course?
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2006, 09:49:40 AM »
All I can say is the camera adds 25 pounds.

Tom,

When we were going through our grand opening phase we got a ton of local press at Angels Crossing, including local television coverage.  Anyway, one day I drew the short straw and went out to do the shpeel for the one of the local stations.  That night my wife and I were watching the news and I reminded her, "You know the camera adds a good ten pounds."  Her response, "Just how many cameras did they have on you?"

Cheers!

JT

Jim,

Borrowing from the prom video episode of 'Friends' w/o acknowledgement are we?   ;)  Hard to sneak things by all 1500 GCAers, ya know.... 8)

Am I the only person here *not* to have a golf course image as my desktop background? I have a picture of me and my two brothers, taken at my brother's wedding. (That said, for a long time I used the same NSW screensaver cited by James B., although at the moment I'm using something more generic.)

Cheers,
Darren

I listed my home golf pic background earlier, but at work, it's a pic of my 2 girls.  Been there for several years (needs to be updated, they're growing like bamboo....).

Thomas_Brown

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2006, 10:51:35 AM »
#7 New South Wales

Jim Thompson

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2006, 11:53:55 AM »
Scott,

I don't watch friends, it actually happened.  That's not to say that my wife might have picked up the line from watching though.  Anyway, thanks for implying that I would be a plagarist of sorts.  But that is a pretty classic example of how GCA members often fail to acknowledge that events or situations can be mutually exclusive in origin and give credit to more than one entity for a good or bad idea.

Cheers!

JT
Jim Thompson

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2006, 11:59:16 AM »
Jim - the world does need more cowbell.  Which reminds me... I just got a new cellphone and I need to create my new cowbell ringtone.

Check out the pics on the MPCC thread - there were several cameras on me, dammit.

And to make Geoffrey Childs' day, I add:

Eric Franzen

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2006, 12:06:03 PM »
So, Arsenal wind stoppers have finally been banned from Cypress Point?

RJ_Daley

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2006, 12:29:24 PM »
My desktop wall paper isn't of a golf course either.  It is a photo I took from one of the most beautiful walking-hiking paths in the world, on the Isle of Capri, with a view through the cypress trees of the Faraglione:
similar to this one

But, don't you guys then have the screen saver do the slide show thing with your other files of pics?  I must have thousands that continue to slide show, taking days to complete.  New additions are of course, Angels Crossing.  

George, you can bet there are 100s of shots of that "virginal" land!   As a matter of fact, people walking through my den notice the slide show and ask me, "what is that virginal land?  ;) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2006, 12:32:42 PM »
So, Arsenal wind stoppers have finally been banned from Cypress Point?

Eric - sadly this was prior to my love and devotion for the Gunners.  If not then darn right such would have been the garment of choice, and we can definitely assume they'd be accepted and embraced at a right-thinking club like Cypress Point.  ;D

Did you happen to see the photo in the MPCC #11 thread?

;D

TH
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:34:13 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Jim Thompson

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2006, 09:50:15 PM »
The 15th at Friar's Head which I took one beautiful night. You can't see the hole all that good, but the sunset was unbelievable. (For my eye at least)

And I thought sure you'd have this up...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jim Thompson

Steve Pieracci

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2006, 12:33:15 AM »

Dan Smoot

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2006, 12:45:02 AM »
#6 at Pacific Dunes.  The path of least resistance off the tee sets you up for bogey, at least.  A great, great short par 4.

Tim Bert

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2006, 01:01:51 AM »
At the moment, my background is a picture of my 3 year-old dressed up as Yoda last Halloween.  

The most recent golf photo I've used is the following:

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2006, 02:41:36 AM »
Jim,
She had to go and get married!

Emmy

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2006, 10:37:28 PM »
No. 11 MPCC-Shore Course.
It's on the laptop too.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back