News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lisa Luigs Morrissett

Ran is the best Morrissett golfer???
« on: August 25, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Sorry, Ran, but who in their right mind can possibly think that you are the best Morrissett golfer? Obviously they haven't met the new kid on the block. . . By the way, have you heard how we are celebrating our first anniversary? I heard Bandon Dunes is quite awesome this time of year. . .

Tom_Egan

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Ran, you are correct as always -- except for the portion of your copy which must have been lost in the ether of the internet.  I'm confident that what you actually typed into your computer was, "Ran is the best Morrissett golfer other than Lisa, John, Bill, Ed and Betty."  As usual, I agree with you 100%.     One more thing:  In your writings I keep seeing the phrase "low marker".  Are you referring to a person appointed by the Committee to record a competitor's score in stroke play who is also either short or base?Or is it some Aussie idiom you've picked up?  Or is it just stilted U.S. English?                     Cheerio, mate --                     Tom

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Lisa,I am disappointed that your first post is a vitriolic attack on yours truly - I expected as much from Tom, but not you dear Lisa.For the record, let it be stated that I am the only Morrissett to have gone under par this year, and that from the tips at Yeaman Hall. No wonder David Eger holds my game in such high esteem.Let me know when another Morrissett does something of similar note (but I won't be holding my breath). And Lisa, losing in the finals of the NJ State Amatuer Championship on a dog track isn't even close to the amazing birdie barrage witnessed by the small - but elite - following at Yeamans.

Ted_Sturges

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Bravo to Tom Egan and to Lisa (your first posts at GCA.com were most enjoyable).  As the only member of "small but elite following" at Yeamans, I will submit to this group that it was indeed difficult to watch this under par performance.  (I would ask the author of the 69 to share with the group the "quick lesson" from a supreme swing doctor which was instrumental in producing straight golf shots on that afternoon).

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Ted, that's your idea of coming to my rescue?

Lisa Luigs Morrissett

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Ran -I was most certainly not making a "vitriolic attack" on you or your golf game, just an observation of the facts.All I have to say is: "Remember Pinehurst and remember Kapalua. . ."

David Staebler

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Having witnessed both Lisa and Ran's games (and Dan Quayle's too) and not being a member of the family I think the following objective statements are in order.1. USGA championships:  Ran-0, Lisa-102. State Amateur championships:  Ran-0, Lisa-23. Ran is a better player than Dan Quayle.4. Vice Presidencies:  Ran-0, Lisa-0, Dan Quayle-1

Tom_Egan

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Response to David Staebler's recent post:  I seriously question your point # 3, in spite of your observations.  Don't be misled by the recently asserted 5 handicap; consider the entire body of work.

David Staebler

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
I have officiated in tournaments where Dan Quayle has been a competitor and while Ran is no Jack Kennedy he is at least the equal of Dan Quayle.

John Morrissett

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Will people ever let up on our former VP?  Comparing him to Ran is just another low blow.  It's bad enough that my sister-in-law once almost ran over him in her car in front of the Crooked Stick golf shop.  

Lisa Luigs Morrissett

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Yes, it is true - my sister, Amy, was coming around a blind corner at CS and almost mowed DQ down. Too bad she missed - she would have been a hero to many of us out there. . .

JohnV

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
I guess we have more proof as the best player in the family.  Congratulations Lisa.  I see you qualified for the US Women's Mid-Amateur.  Good luck at Cherokee Town Club, I hope to see you on TV during the finals.

JohnV

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
I should also have added my congratulations to David Eger who qualified for the US Mid-Amateur.  See you in St. Louis David.

Noel Freeman

Re:Ran is the best Morrissett golfer???
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 04:06:16 PM »
Can anyone tell me if Ran is still the best Morrissett golfer???.. In the wilds of Wisconsin last week while trying to eat a local delicacy--beer cheese soup he told me he's currently playing a plus 4 and turned down invites to the Crosby and to the Dunhill for fear of embarrassing the pros with his superior play..

Bill_McBride

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 04:10:23 PM »
Noel, is that with or without hickories?

TEPaul

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 08:35:43 PM »
Ran Morrissett has apparently foresaken skill balancing equipment and gone to the dark side with modern equipment. I believe he has also been "optimized"!! Don't ever say that Oscar Wilde was not right when he said it's possible to withstand anything but temptation.  ;)

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 01:39:49 AM »
I beat him.

I beat him and David Kelly to a pulp! I nearly killed them both.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 01:49:19 AM »
..In the wilds of Wisconsin last week while trying to eat a local delicacy--beer cheese soup he told me he's currently playing a plus 4 and turned down invites to the Crosby and to the Dunhill for fear of embarrassing the pros with his superior play..

Noel, did you notice any bits of mushrooms in that soup? ;D

Out of curiosity, what days were you here... I'm sure I was busy PLAYING GOLF that day and missed your call! ::) ;) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 02:55:15 AM »
Dick, I'll hav eyou know I asked them both if they had called you while they were in town!

T_MacWood

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 08:48:44 AM »
From what I understand Ran was never the best Morrissett golfer. This is the current order.

1. John Morrissett
2. Lisa Luigs Morrissett
3. Pierre Morrissett of Pau, France
4. Jean-Luc Morrissett of Three Rivers, Quebec
5. Paddy Morrissett of Dublin, Ireland
6. (tie) Betty Morrissett Staten Island, NY and Ran Morrissett, NC

Phil McDade

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 11:03:42 AM »
Noel:

One hopes you had your beer cheese soup with two other local delicacies -- fried cheese curds and friend whitefish livers. Washed down w/ Wisconsin-brewed beer, of course...

Doug Ralston

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »
John M;

No way will we EVER let up on Dan Quayle! Sorry.

Doug

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back