News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Elevations at NGLA
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2003, 12:20:25 PM »
Who would be responsible for that?

Punchbowl

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2003, 03:29:55 PM »
George....That is interesting what you say about Cow Neck.  I have always thought that you could build one of the most spectacular courses in the U.S. there.  I have walked around it, and there is quite a bit of inland water, as well as wate essentially in all directions...as well as the huge dunes facin the bay.  That land was recently donated as a preserve by its current owner.

TEPaul

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2003, 06:56:33 PM »
Slightly off the topic here but in a way it figures into NGLA's elevation changes and the visibility of it. For those showing up when the weather is warmer I think you'll be stunned by the new look!

NGLA is just about all the way back to the TREELESS look everywhere on the interior of the golf course! The first thing that's gonna slap you in the face is when you march over the hill on #2 you'll be able to see all the way to the Redan with nothing to block your view (that'll sure make you smile redanman!). They even say between #8 and #11 is going back to separation by just the natural ridge between the holes.

NGLA is really to be admired these days for what they've put into effect---it's impressive!

TEPaul

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2003, 07:02:40 PM »
I do hope at least they keep the trees around the maintenance facility. That definitely ain't the prettiest sight I've ever seen. Plus, I don't think anyone really needs Burrows in plain view whipping and brutalizing and terrorizing the maintenance crew with Salinetti running around trying to catch him to stop him!  ;)

George_Bahto

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2003, 11:17:40 PM »
Punchbowl RE: Cow Neck - give me a call of e mail
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

George_Bahto

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2003, 11:18:39 PM »
Tom - Salinetti is having a lot of trouble keeping the leash on Matt - hah
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

GeoffreyC

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2003, 09:27:41 AM »
George

There is a cute blond waitress near Myopia Hunt Club named Ida and Matt would ASK HER to be put on a leash.  ;D  I suggest that Bill import her from Mass. and there will be no problems at NGLA!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 09:27:54 AM by Geoffrey Childs »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back