News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Jonathan Cummings

Short 9 at Shinnecock
« on: July 03, 2023, 01:11:38 PM »
Anybody know who designed it?  Is it a recent addition?  I don't know anything about it but just saw it on Google Maps.  I don't remember seeing it when I played Shinney but that was a few years back...

Tom_Doak

Re: Short 9 at Shinnecock
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 07:08:34 PM »
Anybody know who designed it?  Is it a recent addition?  I don't know anything about it but just saw it on Google Maps.  I don't remember seeing it when I played Shinney but that was a few years back...

It was built in-house, quite a few years ago . . . either just before or just after the U.S. Open in 2004.  I don't believe they paid an architect to be involved, they just let Mark Michaud and his crew do it.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 07:38:22 AM »
OK thanks Tom.  Not sure how I could have played #10 (right along side) and not been aware of it!

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 07:41:10 AM »
OK thanks Tom.  Not sure how I could have played #10 (right along side) and not been aware of it!

It's not that obvious on #10 because of the topography . . . but it's hard to miss when you are driving in, unless you are mesmerized by the clubhouse.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 07:30:30 AM »
Good gracious!  I was just told it's called minicock!

Tim Martin

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 01:29:19 PM »
It’s a pretty rudimentary set of holes as evidenced by the plain set of greens. Very different from the Cradle or a more current “short” course. It’s a fun warmup or post round add on to the main course.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back