News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gallant

Pitlochry - This Sunday: Anyone Interested
« on: January 20, 2022, 01:50:18 PM »
JJ Shanley and I are going to head up to Pitlochry this Sunday if anyone is interested in joining? Looks like £25 and the weather looks reasonably good (he says crossing his fingers). We're aiming to go off around 12/12.30.

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Pitlochry - This Sunday: Anyone Interested
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 02:16:41 PM »
I was just thinking about Pitlochry while reading the thread on hidden Scottish gems. Pitlochry is a hidden gem but it has to be cold there this time of year. My wife and I stumbled on to this course on our way up to Dornoch. We looked at the course and decided to play it. It was a grand walk in the mts. The town and surrounding area are worth the trip alone. Have fun. If I weren't 3500 miles away I'd join you.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 03:27:13 PM »
We’ll be heading south from Dunkeld on Sunday in the Bonnarbago, so we’ll give you a cheery wave somewhere on the A9. Have a blast - and be sure to have a John Panton in the clubhouse afterwards!
Sláinte!
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 03:48:49 PM »
After Pitlochry in January I’d need something considerably stronger than a John Panton. Does the Perth & Kinross Mountain Rescue have St Bernards carrying brandy? That might help.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Niall C

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 05:54:16 PM »
Tim

Could be persuaded, I'll message you.

Cheers

Niall

Tim Gallant

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 06:10:57 PM »
Tim

Could be persuaded, I'll message you.

Cheers

Niall

Excellent! Just responded.

Tim Gallant

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 06:11:54 PM »
After Pitlochry in January I’d need something considerably stronger than a John Panton. Does the Perth & Kinross Mountain Rescue have St Bernards carrying brandy? That might help.

;D  I will most certainly be wearing the thermals. Will snap a few photos and post them here!

Niall C

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 06:15:40 PM »
I'll be in my shorts and hawian shirt as usual.

Niall

Ben Stephens

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 10:59:39 AM »
JJ Shanley and I are going to head up to Pitlochry this Sunday if anyone is interested in joining? Looks like £25 and the weather looks reasonably good (he says crossing his fingers). We're aiming to go off around 12/12.30.

Hi Tim,

Please send my regards to the pro at Pitlochry - Gary Casey he used to be my coach when i was younger the lessons were at Thorpe Wood in Peterborough.

Gary is a huge fan of Ben Hogan and the Hogan philosophy of the golf swing plus a good steady player.

Would have loved to come however too far away unless someone picks me up in a helicopter!  ;D

Cheers
Ben

ward peyronnin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 11:03:27 AM »
No one has dangled the local distillery in town and in situ Bronze Age fort as incentivizers yet!!! ;D
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Tim Gallant

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 02:30:25 PM »
Niall, JJ and I had a wonderful game on the course, and would highly recommend it to anyone who is in the area and looking for a knock. We lucked out with the weather, with low winds and relatively mild temperatures. The course was in excellent shape for the time of year, and the greens were rolling very well.

My favourite holes: 5!! (although sadly it was on a temp green, we did go up and have a look at the green pad), 10, 14, 15 (what a diabolical green!) and 17 (cool spine in the green).

Favourite moment? Seeing JJ finally take the big dog out on the last hole, and stripe a 300 yard drive. Unfortunately, it went straight into the burn in front of the green, but I love the audacity of playing that club after playing conservatively off the tee all day.

Will definitely make it back in warmer weather. We also talked about trying to organise a Scottish gathering in the coming months, so watch this space.

PS - Ben, I passed your name on to the Assistant as Gary had the day off.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 02:48:32 PM by Tim Gallant »

Mark Pearce

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 08:01:35 AM »
We also talked about trying to organise a Scottish gathering in the coming months, so watch this space.
Excellent.  We're long overdue.  Was 2017 the last one?  I think 2018 was snowed off. 
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back