News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

A Course Called America, by Robert Thomas Coyne
« on: March 27, 2021, 10:52:19 AM »
I'm one-fifth of my way through the third in his series (after ACCIreland & ACCScotland.) It's a review copy, and four edits came after my edition. He gives plenty of shouts to our kind, and mentions this treehouse by name, on multiple occasions. I believe that there is a big-arse, opening fete in Filly, sometime in May, and that the book will be available soon after, if not soon before.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

mike_malone

Re: A Course Called America, by Robert Thomas Coyne
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 06:44:54 PM »
May 24th at Rolling Green.
AKA Mayday

Cal Seifert

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 08:50:24 PM »
Super excited for this book. Saw a post on instagram with a map showing all the courses he played on this journey. Had a great variety of private, renowned courses along with munis and public courses with great architectural merit.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 09:14:24 PM »
A number of the courses are listed here (not sure if this ended up being a final list) - https://thelinkslife.com/2018/12/11/next-on-the-tee-a-course-called-home/

Kudos to Tom on coming up with this list, some of my favorites are on there including Sleepy Hollow, Skokie, OFCC, Highlands of Elgin, Shepherd's Crook, Wild Horse, Gearhart, Bandon and Bandon Crossings.  As Cal noted, the mix of courses has a ton of variety.  From the Indio muni where the caddies play their weekly skins game to some of the most restricted privates.  Tom spent some time out here at Bandon, including free access to the caddie shack.  Looking forward to getting his take on what he's seen.

Sven
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 11:03:47 AM »
I just spent 24 hours of little sleep, barreling through the book. It is everything you will ever want in a book, and more. I won't be able to be in attendance on May 24th, as I will be teaching and coaching. A Course Called America shows the maturating of a teacher, a writer, a golfer, a father, and a spouse. If you haven't had the chance to read ACC Ireland and ACC Scotland, I encourage you to do so. They will prepare you for the conclusion of the trilogy.

Now to the difficult work of keying in a proper review.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back