News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Second Hole-in-one---No strategy used!!!
« on: November 03, 2003, 09:18:32 AM »
  I am ashamed to say i used no strategy in achieving my second hole in one.I just hit my 4 iron as straight as i could to our uphill 180 yard #6 hole.It hit 20 -25 feet short and broke slightly left to right to a back-center pin.

AKA Mayday

A_Clay_Man

Re: Second Hole-in-one---No strategy used!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 09:27:25 AM »
Excuse me, but if you hit it intentionally straight, and it broke into the hole, you clearly aimed at the right spot, which sounds like strategy to me.

Congrats!

P.s. Uphill, yet you saw it all?

mike_malone

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 09:28:50 AM »
 Typical of Flynn--uphill but you can see it..
AKA Mayday

David Wigler

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 09:31:59 AM »
As the purpose of this thread is clearly to taunt virgins like Shivas and Huckaby, I'll participate.

My second involved a lot of strategy.  I was playing Plum with Bruce Matthews (Our consulting architect).  Bruce and I were discussing whether our 14th hole was too easy with todays technology.  After agreeing that it was just fine and a good example of a "Short" hole, I hit it 2-feet past the cup and backed it up into the jar.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 09:33:35 AM »
Way to go, Mike!!   ;D

I have to ask, however...

In playing the 7th, did you still notice those annoying evergreens off to the right??  ;)

Congratulations!

mike_malone

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 09:36:52 AM »
 I actually hit one of my best drives on #7 then pushed my 7(or wussy)wood behind those stupid trees.
AKA Mayday

BCrosby

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 09:41:26 AM »
U - da - man, Mayday. What a terrific hole to ace.

Since you announced it on GCA, doesn't that mean you buy for everyone? Post your Visa card number and I promise I will give you a long, heart-felt toast. ;)

Congrats.

Bob

mike_malone

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 09:44:50 AM »
 Bob
   Whenever anyone from here shows up at RG they get their drink.
AKA Mayday

Dan Kelly

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 10:23:49 AM »
 I am ashamed to say i used no strategy in achieving my second hole in one.I just hit my 4 iron as straight as i could ...

That sounds like a helluva strategy to me!

Slightly less unseriously: Did you think about whether, if you didn't hit it perfectly straight, you wanted to miss short or long, left or right?

You did?

Strategy!

Congratulations. (You can give my drink to Huckaby. He -- still aceless, after all these years -- needs one more than  I do.)
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

SPDB

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 10:33:18 AM »
I think you owe "jmandel" a debt of gratitude. It was on his direction that you played "Autumn Golf" this weekend.

congrats
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 10:33:33 AM by SPDB »

mike_malone

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2003, 10:46:10 AM »
 Dan
   I do not get much loft on my irons,so since on Saturday the pin was in the back i could get some roll.There are three bunkers on the hole;two short right and left.With the pin in the middle i could aim between the two bunkers .I did not think or plan for a mistake.
    I am happy to  hit the ball dead straight sometimes,but if the strategy calls for something different,i am screwed.
    I want to thank my friend Jeff Lazarus who won his club's championship.He gave me a lesson a month ago to enable me to hit it at the target more often.In fact,i have hit it in the hole from over 200 yards and 80 yards in the last few weeks.Thanks Jeff.
AKA Mayday

mike_malone

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2003, 10:49:14 AM »
SPDB
 My response to jmandel was tongue-in-cheek;i play every weekend.In fact,i prefer bad weather so fewer people show up and we can play faster.Sunday was a mob scene.
AKA Mayday

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2003, 01:00:38 PM »
Mayday,
Congratulations!  May you have many more on your great golf course!

mike_malone

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2003, 01:21:13 PM »
Dan Thanks..Someone asked me yesterday about French Creek.I said i thought it was across the street from Stonewall.Is that correct?
AKA Mayday

mike_malone

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2003, 02:02:57 PM »
 One of my playing partners emailed me saying"  11/1 is good day for hole in one"
AKA Mayday

Jason Mandel

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2003, 02:24:12 PM »
mike,

congrat's!!!  i agree, you do owe me all the credit!(ok, most of it ;) ) something about this untimely weather this weekend, this 18 handicapper had 3 birdies on the weekend and an 82 on sunday, my low round of the year ;D
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2003, 03:03:50 PM »
Dan Thanks..Someone asked me yesterday about French Creek.I said i thought it was across the street from Stonewall.Is that correct?

Yep - French Creek and Stonewall are split by PA 345 (Bulltown Road).  But the entrances are on different roads - Stonewall is on PA 345, and we're on PA 401 (Conestoga Road).  Our 12th green is across the street from the original Stonewall entrance.  

The new Stonewall course has an alternate clubhouse on Redding Furnace Road (it's a very nice restored barn).

You can see a map at

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=&city=elverson&state=pa&zipcode=19520&homesubmit=Get+Map

Lotsa good golf in Elverson :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 03:08:10 PM by danherrmann »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back