News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

Just putting out a feeler here - is anybody tacking on extra golf around Lawsonia? I'm exploring options - I've never seen Sand Valley and would like to make the journey over there, and also evaluating other options not too far from the neighborhood. For that matter, I'll probably try to play on the drive up/back, likely in NWish Indiana somewhere, although that'll be harder to coordinate with everybody coming from all over the place.

Regardless, I'm trying to figure out how to set up a home base somewhere in Central WI for a few evenings and see some places I haven't seen. Obviously logistics are trickier than usual this year, but they get pretty simple once you're on a golf course. If anybody else is in a similar boat and looking to coordinate, shoot me a PM and I'll keep you looped in as plans develop.

Jason -

There's Erin Hills close by, for sure. Also, considering the mid-September date I've heard there are some serious deals going on at Kohler that time of year given the Ryder Cup was pushed back a year and they had blocked off WS for a big chunk of the summer/fall.
H.P.S.

Brad Hill

Please add me to the list. Would love to join if a spot opens up. Thank you.

V_Halyard

Please add me to the list. Would love to join if a spot opens up. Thank you.
Done. I moved you into one of our hold spots so you’re good to go 
Thanks and I’ll send you a PM.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 12:26:07 PM by V_Halyard »
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

George Freeman

Ex-Mashie Participants (@ Forest Dunes):

I have processed the refund of all payments made via PayPal.  You should have received them or will soon.  For those who sent me physical checks, it is going to take me a little longer to mail those out.  Thanks for being patient!

Tyler K - I am having issues sending you PayPal dollars across an international boarder.  Please PM me your address and I will mail you a check.  Thanks
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Carl Rogers

Mr. Freeman,
Got the refund.  Thanks.  Hopefully the public health problem will be over and done by the 2021 Mashie.
I am sure this was a lot of work for all of you.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Ryan Hillenbrand

Mr. Freeman,
Got the refund.  Thanks.  Hopefully the public health problem will be over and done by the 2021 Mashie.

Yes, thanks for your efforts George and Vaughn in spite of the cancellation. Much appreciated

V_Halyard

Mr. Freeman,

Yes, thanks for your efforts George and Vaughn in spite of the cancellation. Much appreciated
Thanks Ryan and thank you for hosting the Prairie Dunes Mashie 2019. The last Mashie PC. (Pre Covid)   
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

V_Halyard

Just putting out a feeler here - is anybody tacking on extra golf around Lawsonia? I'm exploring options - I've never seen Sand Valley and would like to make the journey over there, and also evaluating other options not too far from the neighborhood. For that matter, I'll probably try to play on the drive up/back, likely in NWish Indiana somewhere, although that'll be harder to coordinate with everybody coming from all over the place.

Regardless, I'm trying to figure out how to set up a home base somewhere in Central WI for a few evenings and see some places I haven't seen. Obviously logistics are trickier than usual this year, but they get pretty simple once you're on a golf course. If anybody else is in a similar boat and looking to coordinate, shoot me a PM and I'll keep you looped in as plans develop.

Jason, a Pine Hills member (not on GCA) heard of our visit and has reached out and offered to host a couple of tee times.
FYI, Pine Hills is the spark the lit the Kohler golf revolution and sits in the terrain between Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits.

Some limited tee times on Sat. 12 Sep. for those interested. I will Email the attendees and put you in contact with the member host to arrange Directly. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:24:38 AM by V_Halyard »

PCCraig

Sorry Gents - but I have to pull the plug on my attendance this year. Would love to make it back to Lawsonia and see everyone but work/school schedules are going to prevent me from joining  :-\

Next year!!

Pat
H.P.S.

V_Halyard

Sorry Gents - but I have to pull the plug on my attendance this year. Would love to make it back to Lawsonia and see everyone but work/school schedules are going to prevent me from joining  :-\

Next year!!

Pat
Understood. Thanks and will miss ya'

Jason Thurman

Two things, Mashers:

1. Keep an eye on your e-mail - I'll be sending out a request for handicap information and tee preferences to start planning matches in the next 24 hours. My goal is for everyone to arrive onsite knowing their tee times, who they're playing with, and with a stroke-allocated scorecard ready to go for each group.

2. I'll be booking tee times for 36 holes at Sand Valley on Friday September 11th, no later than tomorrow morning. If any Mashie attendees are interested in joining, let me know via PM and I'll fill you in on details.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

V_Halyard

Top/Page 1 of this thread has been updated.

V_Halyard

Updated

John Mayhugh

It has been too long since I visited Lawsonia. Was supposed to be headed to England on the 13th, but that doesn't appear to be happening. So sign me up if there's still space.

V_Halyard

It has been too long since I visited Lawsonia. Was supposed to be headed to England on the 13th, but that doesn't appear to be happening. So sign me up if there's still space.
Updated and added You and the reinstated George Freeman

Tyler Kearns

Ex-Mashie Participants (@ Forest Dunes):

I have processed the refund of all payments made via PayPal.  You should have received them or will soon.  For those who sent me physical checks, it is going to take me a little longer to mail those out.  Thanks for being patient!

Tyler K - I am having issues sending you PayPal dollars across an international boarder.  Please PM me your address and I will mail you a check.  Thanks

George,

Check you PM.

Tyler

V_Halyard

Bumping to top.
Main thread has been updated.

John Mayhugh

I'm going to try to go see the courses at Sand Valley on Monday and Tuesday after Lawsonia. Wondering if anyone has already done the legwork and just needs to add a paying participant? Or I could try to organize?

Criss Titschinger

Edited, because I got my soccer schedule, and I might not be able to do Monday golf.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 06:24:07 PM by Criss Titschinger »

V_Halyard

Re: 29 AUG UPDATE RE: 13 Sept 2020 Midwest Mashie - Single Day 36 Hole Lawsonia
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2020, 11:42:46 AM »
I'm going to try to go see the courses at Sand Valley on Monday and Tuesday after Lawsonia. Wondering if anyone has already done the legwork and just needs to add a paying participant? Or I could try to organize?

May be able to help. Will get back with you.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2020, 11:53:25 AM »
Vaughn,
Thanks for the offer, but I already have something worked out. You've done enough!

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2020, 01:37:29 PM »
On case anyone's interested in Lac LaBelle, FYI they have an event there on Friday the 11th, and they're all booked up.

V_Halyard

Re: 10 SEP TEE TIME UPDATE |13 Sept 2020 Midwest Mashie - Lawsonia
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2020, 04:32:58 PM »
Thread Updated
UPDATED SEPT 13 MASHIE TEE TIMES
AM Tee Times NOW BEGIN at 7:30 AM (10 min intervals)
PM Tee Times NOW BEGIN at 1:40 PM.

Watch for email from Jason Thurman
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:16:07 PM by V_Halyard »

Jason Topp

Re: TEE TIME UPDATE |13 Sept 2020 Midwest Mashie - Lawsonia
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2020, 11:21:44 AM »
Thanks to Vaughn, Jason Thurman and George Freeman for putting together a wonderful day in these strange times.  It was an absolute treat to reconnect with Dick Daley who walked the second 18 holes and seemed in fine spirits despite injuries preventing him from playing with us this year.  Lawsonia shined as usual. 

In a nice twist we had women play this year.  Pam and Karen played with Peter Flory and me the final round.  If you really want to understand golf architecture, you should play some golf with women to understand how hazards you might not otherwise notice can have a huge impact on their experience. 

We also had a wonderful opportunity to play Pine Hils CC in Sheboygan on Saturday.  If you want to see a special set of greens and fantastic terrain for golf, I suggest you visit.  I played Mayhugh in a dollar grudge match and of course lost.  Fortunately I did not have a dollar bill so I forced John to give me one to sign for him. 

I stayed in Ripon two nights and there was some sort of scrapbooking convention going on.  If you think debates in here get intense you should watch these scrapbookers toiling away on their respective projects.

Finally - I was thrilled to buy another "Beer. Bait and Ammo" T-Shirt in Green Lake.  I look forward to wearing that on dog walks to really confuse the neighbors.  I am guessing I am the only person in the US with a "Black Lives Matter" sign in the yard and a "Beer Bait and Ammo" T-Shirt.  I want everyone to wonder if I am with them or against them. 

Stay safe everyone,

Jason

« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 02:54:34 PM by Jason Topp »

V_Halyard

Re: TEE TIME UPDATE |13 Sept 2020 Midwest Mashie - Lawsonia
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2020, 01:39:33 PM »
Thanks to Vaughn, Jason Thurman and George Freeman for putting together a wonderful day in these strange times.  It was an absolute treat to reconnect with Dick Daley who walked the second 18 holes and seemed in fine spirits despite injuries preventing him from playing with us this year.  Lawsonia shined as usual. 

In a nice twist we had women play this year.  Pam and Karen played with Peter Flory and me the final round.  If you really want to understand golf architecture, you should play some golf with women to understand how hazards you might not otherwise notice can have a huge impact on their experience. 

We also had a wonderful opportunity to play Pine Hils CC in Sheboygan on Saturday.  If you want to see a special set of greens and fantastic terrain for golf, I suggest you visit.  I played Mayhugh in a dollar grudge match and of course lost.  Fortunately I did not have a dollar bill so I forced John to give me one to sign for him. 

I stayed in Ripon two nights and there was some sort of scrapbooking convention going on.  If you think debates in here get intense you should watch these scrapbookers toiling away on their respective projects.

Finally - I was thrilled to buy another "Beer. Bait and Ammo" T-Shirt in Green Lake.  I look forward to wearing that on dog walks to really confuse the neighbors.  I am guessing I am the only person in the US with a "Black Lives Matter" sign in the yard and a "Beer Bait and Ammo" T-Shirt.  I want everyone to wonder if I am with them or against them. 

Stay safe everyone,

Jason

Stay safe everyone and post pictures!  Since Photobucket went sideways I do not post them much if at all any more.
My mental image of the yard signs in your yard makes me laugh aloud.  Thank you as always for making the trip.
The day outperformed!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back