News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

Years ago 42 or 43 points used to win Christmas Pairs, what's your best score? what's the highest score you have heard of?
Pairs, so best score of the pair nett on each hole.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

MKrohn

Played with a young bloke on the improve, I had 4/2 on the first, he wiped it.

I did not contribute for the rest of the round.

Pete Lavallee

OK, so we are looking at a net 49; pretty good. We had net a better ball of partners in the Wednesday game 2 weeks ago of 55 which was pretty good. Shot a gross 66, net 59 in a tournament once, never came close to that again.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Philip Gawith

I don’t play in such tournaments often but my recollection would be 44 or maybe 45, for myself.

[/size][size=78%] In resort holiday golf at a populat course, with .christmas fields of over 60 pairs, the winners would typically be around 47, very occasionally 48 or 49, down the years. But these scores would almost always involve banditry of some sort or other - very seldom came from regular, accurately handicapped players, albeit not impossible.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Philip[/size]

Duncan Cheslett

A  mid handicapper can easily get 8 or 9 pars and a birdie or two in a round. If two such players dovetail well they can rack up 45 points or more in a better-ball without banditry being involved at all.

A low and a high handicapper can also be a useful combination if the high man picks up a couple of four-pointers. I played with an old boy off 28 the other week who twice chipped in for a 3 for 5 on par 4 double shot holes. He still struggled to score 30 points for the full round though!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:16:54 PM by Duncan Cheslett »

Adrian_Stiff

The reason I posted was our Winter League comprises up to 12 rounds/chances and your best two scores go through to the second stage where the cut falls at the top 16 pairs.

This year the cut fell on 90 points, if you scored 45 points twice you did not get through.

102 points lead.

Amazing scores.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.

Steve Lang

What's the point basis?  1 bogey, 2 par, 3 birdie, ? eagle

I witnessed a 60 shot in our last mga toonamint with better ball, just the other week, in the second flight, all gross birdies...  They beat anything in the first flight too,  so at 12*3 + 8*2 = 44..... I guess they'd have to have some eagles to be competitive at your club?  Tough Crowd you run in Adrian!
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Adrian_Stiff

Steve - Yes 1 point bogey, 2 points par, 3 birdie, etc.

two nine unders never qualified.
16 under and a 14 under one pair had, they had a 47 pointer (-11) and it never counted!
few others scored 14 and 15 unders, literally loads of 11, 12 and 14s.

It is 90% allowance but

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back