News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Ribeiro

Victoria National sold to Dormie Network
« on: July 13, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »
Saw this earlier today - https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/victorial-national-being-sold-to-dormie-network/1299321224

Really excited to see where the Dormie Network ends up in the next few years. I was able to visit Ballyhack and Dormie Club in the past year and both are great properties with very good courses. Bill Coore is already back doing work at Dormie and Ballyhack has drastically improved over the past year. Dormie is open to the public I believe till the end of this year. What a treat for members in this network to add Victoria National to their list!

John Kavanaugh

Re: Victoria National sold to Dormie Network
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 09:57:11 AM »
This is fantastic news!!! I look forward to meeting all my fellow members who are part of the Dormie Network.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 11:25:11 AM »
The Dormie Network is well capitalized and has made (and continues to make) significant improvements at every course they own.
They're serious about providing a terrific golf experience.

Victoria National members can look forward to investment and improvements (and the opportunity to visit their other courses, where you'll pay $0 for golf(!)).
I've heard some robust goals for continued growth.  It won't surprise me if they're reached.

WW

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 12:10:55 PM »
My experience so far, at Ballyhack, is that they underpromise and over-perform. I was at Dormie this spring and the plans they have there are nothing short of marvelous.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 12:51:18 PM »
My only concern are possible staff reductions. Over the years the people who make Victoria special have become like family to me.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 01:51:48 PM »
My only concern are possible staff reductions. Over the years the people who make Victoria special have become like family to me.

I sure concur with that sentiment. I count many of the staff members as friends. The super always stops me on the course to talk. Guys in the shop ask about my game, and Leigh in the dining area asks about my wife and me and my kids. the Ballyhack did not lose staff. Dormie has new pros but I don't know why the change was made.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Nick Ribeiro

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »
There is a new GM at Ballyhack but a lot of familiar faces from the past. The new GM gets it. Very nice, understands the industry, and provides exceptional service. He treats all his guests like members. There is also a new Super at Ballyhack that has the course in fantastic shape and is doing some major tree removal and continued improvements to the course. I am sure the other properties, and new properties Dormie acquires, will also see continuous improvements. Again, really excited to see where this company ends up in a few years.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 02:47:40 PM »
There is a new GM at Ballyhack but a lot of familiar faces from the past. The new GM gets it. Very nice, understands the industry, and provides exceptional service. He treats all his guests like members. There is also a new Super at Ballyhack that has the course in fantastic shape and is doing some major tree removal and continued improvements to the course. I am sure the other properties, and new properties Dormie acquires, will also see continuous improvements. Again, really excited to see where this company ends up in a few years.

Just to be clear the old GM went to manage a large operation in Florida and the old superintendent moved to be closer to family.
St. John of the Cross

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 09:34:11 PM »
Oh, and one shameless plug for George Cup VIII.  Would love to have some new faces...and this is a terrific chance to check out the Dormie Network's product firsthand!

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,65415.msg1560473.html#msg1560473

WW

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »
Do members get a reduced rate?

Jeff Schley

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »
This maybe of interest to some as it is for a 1 year membership for the Dormie Network.  Closes in 2 days.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/1-year-golf-club-membership-at-4-destination-clubs-1565916
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back