News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Cobb's Creek interview with Cirba and Bausch
« on: June 16, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »

Sometimes it takes a while for an interview to coalesce...

We've had some wonderful interviews since we began our interview series...

I've anticipated this interview for quite a while and...

Well, since none of those intros works, have a read and enjoy it. Cirba and Bausch on the Cobb's Creek Lazarus project.

http://buffalogolfer.com/wordpress/2017-interview-series-cobbs-creek-philadelphia-restoration/

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Peter Pallotta

Re: Cobb's Creek interview with Cirba and Bausch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 10:54:53 AM »
Well done, Ron - as Sean might say, very fine.

Joe and Mike continue to be wonderful contributers to this site, and with the Cobb's Creek project to the Philadelphia golfing community as well.

I admire and respect their commitment and hard work very much. They've long put their money/time with their mouths are, and are going leave the (golfing) world better than they found it.

They should be very proud. Who will ever know what young person might be drawn to the game and have their lives and their worlds changed for the better because of a restored Cobb's Creek.

It was great to have Mike and Joe profiled like that. We get more than enough print about the Hamlets of the world; the Rosencrantzes and Guildensterns deserve their time in the spotlight too.

Peter
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:56:46 AM by Peter Pallotta »

Bob Montle

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »
Excellent Ron!   

This is my favorite of all your interviews. 
What a wonderful project.   Oh how I hope all their work and dreams can come to fruition.

I am excited about the chance to come and play it after the restoration.

Bob
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

MCirba

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:44:42 PM »
Ron,

Slow news day?   ;)

Seriously, thanks for sharing the article.

Peter P.,

I can't recall which of Rosencrantz or Guildenstern was the verbose one and which did his best Pete Dye Hoosier brevity interview style? 

Bob, 

We'd love to give you the grand tour anytime, pre or post resto, or both.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Joe Bausch

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:23:20 AM »
Tks, R.

;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 04:21:03 PM »

Great read, Ron...thanks for sharing!  Hoping for the day (post-resto) when I can tee it up there and appreciate all that has been done.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

MCirba

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 08:29:48 AM »
Evan,

It's worth playing pre-resto as well, if you're in the Philly area.   Bausch and/or I will give you the tour, share the plans, and then you'll have a nice basis for comparison once the work is completed and you return to see.

That goes for any interested GCA-ers, not just because we like Evan.   ;D

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 01:39:11 PM »
Mr. Cirba and Dr. Bausch are true stewards of the game.   Good players too!   And a joy to play with!

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 10:57:39 AM »
Evan,

It's worth playing pre-resto as well, if you're in the Philly area.   Bausch and/or I will give you the tour, share the plans, and then you'll have a nice basis for comparison once the work is completed and you return to see.

That goes for any interested GCA-ers, not just because we like Evan.   ;D

Glad to be liked!  Believe it or not, I have NEVER been to the Philly area...maybe it's time to change that?!?!?  Summer road-trip!  8)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

MCirba

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 11:01:55 AM »
Evan,

We are not nearly as evil as our reputation.   Well, almost not quite as evil.   Like...only semi-evil.   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back