News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Reserve Vineyards South facelift
« on: May 16, 2017, 06:52:46 PM »

The Reserve Vineyards - south course -  designed by John Fought opened in late 1997 spent a number of years on television hosting Peter Jacobsen's Fred Meyer Challenge, and then the Champions Tour Tradition major. The 100+ bunkers was the signature for the course. Over the years in-house operations filled in some bunkers and made changes to others.

Now it is time for overhaul. The course owner and Fought this week announced a major facelift this week, eliminating, repositioning, downsizing, combining and reshaping bunkers and implementing many tightly mowed collection areas. The renovation work will be done by Duininck Brothers during a 10-12 week period this summer.  Play will continue thru hole closures.

The project, using sustainable bunker liners, should greatly reduce maintenance costs for the South course. It was ranked 10th best public access course in Oregon on the latest Golf Digest list. It still will be a stern test and time par will have to be lowered.
One of my statistical indicators of a good round was when I sank more putt feet than bunker raking yards.

Scott Weersing

Re: Reserve Vineyards South facelift
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »
So do you think that this overhaul is because the course is 20 years old, or because it's design style is out of date?

I would think that the course was too expensive to maintain, and so money was not spent to maintain things.

It goes back to a question I said, how long can a course go without requiring an overhaul or renovation? I thought it was 20 to 25 years.

Quail Hollow is every 2 years.

Pete_Pittock

Re: Reserve Vineyards South facelift
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 01:32:00 PM »

I think it all depends on the course, the ownership structure, the market, and where it wants to place itself in relation to its competitors. I will demur further response because 1) I am a member and 2) I was not privy to any discussions which led to the decision reached.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back